2009 Tail of the Dragon TN/NC April 17 meet planning

FGFennec

Count me in...granted everything here at the end of this month works out XD Ill be there too....ridin out with WideFNOpen i believe...since hes only like 10 min from me...haha...trac convoy out to the mountains XD

CMS-GT4

You guys might want to catch up with the MR2Guru convoy coming out of Asheville. It might at least give you a place to take a break.

FGFennec

I think that was the plan...them being 5 hrs out tho makes it a bit of a trek out there in the first place XD

CMS-GT4

For those that take video I would suggest getting a decent car mount.

I use these:
http://stickypod.com/

Depending on the camera you use, you might be able to get away with the single suction pods which are cheaper. I like the sticky pod cause they hold a fair amount of weight against a large amount of force.

I have been the camera car since I started going to these meets, but it will be nice to have more perspectives.

I will have at least 2 cameras mounted up this year. Maybe 3, but I think Dustin should use his new car as a camera car this year. ;)

That is unless he fixes his alltrac.

Nitro_Alltrac

Hey Josh, are you going to do the shirts? I saw you design over at Celicatech and I'm interested in one in 3X if you do them. Let me know.

Mafix

unless i get a miracle going i'm still out. no way i'll be able to install, break in, and tune the motor for that long of a trip in about 3 weeks. i'll try though.

Nitro_Alltrac

Did they unlock the thread? I was on there last night before I posted here and it was locked. I'll check it when I get home tonight.

:edit-Sorry, I didn't catch that it was a new thread number. I'll check it tonight.

concealer404

Mafix":2yq25cj6 said:
unless i get a miracle going i'm still out. no way i'll be able to install, break in, and tune the motor for that long of a trip in about 3 weeks. i'll try though.

Come on man.... i've been wanting to see your car for years... :(

I'm still counting on being there, hanging on by my fingernails.

Josh, you can ride in my car assuming i make it there for your budget coilover impressions. Might not be entirely accurate as i weigh way less, have maybe 40% of the power, and about the same tire width, but in a stickier compound. :p

CMS-GT4

concealer404":1xwzp1vf said:
Josh, you can ride in my car assuming i make it there for your budget coilover impressions. Might not be entirely accurate as i weigh way less, have maybe 40% of the power, and about the same tire width, but in a stickier compound. :p

So whats the weight of the car? I tend to be scared of riding with other people. I don't have the nerves for it anymore since I no longer have a religion thus no place to go after I die in case you slip and kill us both. :p

concealer404

CMS-GT4":zpgqgao3 said:
concealer404":zpgqgao3 said:

So whats the weight of the car? I tend to be scared of riding with other people. I don't have the nerves for it anymore since I no longer have a religion thus no place to go after I die in case you slip and kill us both. :p

Shooting for as close to 2400lbs as i can get by then. It may be less, i don't really know. I won't go any faster than i did last year, and last year the car was MAYBE half as capable as it will be this year. But yes... there is always that driver error aspect.

If you want you can take the car for a quick spin after the official meet, as in you driving, that's fine. Assuming nothing else comes up, i'll be around until Monday or Tuesday. This is, of course, also assuming that i haven't completely toasted my brakes with the weekend's festivities.

It'll probably be a similar ride to KoreanJoey's. But again, with slightly less weight, less refined, and less power. Just don't call me crazy for daily driving this. ;)

Mario can tell you what you're in for when he arrives into town. :D

CMS-GT4

Oh god did you strip it. I have a hard enough time driving mine with no rear interior. This should be video worthy. :D

concealer404

CMS-GT4":3029m6wx said:
Oh god did you strip it. I have a hard enough time driving mine with no rear interior. This should be video worthy. :D

Stripped, all cruise control crap, a/c crap, emissions crap is out, and power steering is coming out when i have more time to rip back into it. The power steering was pretty worthless when it got to the point where it would drink a bottle a week, and i really don't have the time or the patience to fix it, so it's going the way of the dodo.

I still have door panels though... :( I haven't gotten a chance to finish my cards.

It was pretty stripped last year.... but i think i'll end up abot 150lbs lighter this year, if not more.

CMS-GT4

For those not on ctech, I am making the shirts this year. If you want one, just read the info below.

Order /payment deadline! April 5th.
If for some reason there is an order made after this time, you will be limited to choose whatever colors, sizes and brands of shirts that I have in stock.

Please read all the details before you post your order request.

• DESIGN:
The ctech logo will be on the front pocket area (There is no pocket) and the dragon design will be on the back. Ink will be white, which means certain colors of shirt will not be possible. There is no more voting or requests on this issue. It was settled in the other thread.

Front
ctechlogo02converted.jpg

Back
2009celicameet1.jpg

Shirt Color/ sizes:
Shirts are Haynes %100 cotton
(Colors may look slightly different in person. Dragon images will be on back, but are shown here for illustrative purposes to help you choose your color. If you must have another color that is not listed, PM me and I will see if I can get it for you. If you have a request for a female cut shirt please PM me, because the price will be higher.)

Sizing Information
S M L XL 2XL 3XL

Denim Blue, Red, Black
525040.jpg
525044.jpg
525000.jpg

Placing your order:
I am not bothering with the voting since some of the people are ordering more than one shirt and they can only vote for one person.

Please PM like this:

Name:
Shirt Size:
Shirt Color:
Notes or request:

Payment/ Price:
I am taking CC, etc payment via paypal. Locals can PM me on how to come pay me.

PRICE: $13 per shirt
If you have a request for a female cut shirt please PM me, because the price will be higher.

Send payment to info@noritoy.com
Once I make my materials order on the 6th there is no cancellations.

Make sure to include all the info:
Board/ Real Name:
Shirt Size:
Shirt Color:
Notes or request:

LegacyofDan

remove me from the list, i hate to say it but i know i will not be able to make it, like mafix, the trac will(should) be running, but i will not have enough driving time with it to allow me to feel comfortable making that sort of drive. sorry guys. :(