Forum upgrading soon..

LegacyofDan

haha dude like 99.9% of my post include an emoticons :p with out the emoticons it would just seem like u are talking to a very blend and plain person, but with all the lil faces u can add emotion and make it seem like real human interaction :D

wakkjobb

Jeff if you don't dig on emoticons, don't go to marlincrawler.com... there's a HUGE page of 'em; like 50 or more. I don't see the use of half of them. Smiles and 'oh dammit' I can see using often... otherwise, forget it.

Dan

athousandleaves

Is there any way we can speed up the PM system?
I hate seeing my messages just sitting in the outbox for an hour or two until they send.
Sometimes it is pretty quick but other times it just takes FOREVER!

vip09

athousandleaves":3xjcxugr said:
Is there any way we can speed up the PM system?
I hate seeing my messages just sitting in the outbox for an hour or two until they send.
Sometimes it is pretty quick but other times it just takes FOREVER!

I'm pretty sure it stays in the "outbox" until it is read by the person you send it to.

ChrisD

You guys have it right. To note you can actually edit the PM you sent any time before the other person reads it. Once they read it, it goes the the sent box.

TomsGT4

I found this old screenshot of what the board used to look like,
-the "black" background everyone was talking about.

Are those ICQ flowers?

20040109foglighthelp.jpg

alltrac.net

I keep waiting for the forum software to get updated.

We can't go black, because we would lose all mods like attachments, etc.

alltrac.net

Looks like the upgrade is a go ahead.

However, I'm going to test it on a less active forum that I have. That way if there are issues, I will know before we try it here.

Unfortunately, we would probably lose attachment links. The files will still be there, in a folder, but the links might get broken. PHPBB3 has it's own attachment system.

alltrac.net

The forum itself can be archived, in another link.

There are years worth of attachments, so grabbing them all could be difficult.

alltrac.net

The plan is to upgrade this weekend. A backup will be made before the process. It will take a few hours to complete, during which time you may not be able to use the forum.

After the upgrade is complete, the search function may not operate for a few hours longer.

I will post the exact time when I find out. It is usually in the evening.

bloodMoney

It has never really mattered much to me about the new color scheme (Although I do miss the old one....) So why am I totally pumped about the upgrade? :twisted:

~bloodMoney

Jason88AllTrac

Thank you for the upgrade to PHPBB3.

I have been using it since beta on two of my forums. It is far superior to all 2.x versions simply due to the refinements on the administration side, let alone the benefits it offers users. If you encounter issues with spam (like I have), there are some simple countermeasures that you can install easily.

Because this is a car forum, you might also want to consider the garage mod. It allows a lot of cool stuff for users to set which is shown in their "car profile".