2009 Tail of the Dragon TN/NC April 17 meet planning

concealer404

CMS-GT4":t7clnap2 said:
Less posting... more working on your car.

I'm at work right now.

Between us trying to get Mario's car running right because the guy we bought it from boned us, and the guy i bought my GTS fenders off of boning me, i'm not going to have time to get everything back together and work out the fitment issues in time for the meet.

Ain't gonna happen. :(

concealer404

I don't have the nerves to ride on that road, and i highly doubt he's going to make it either. We had a spectacular geyser of coolant last night.

concealer404

Nitro_Alltrac":9hvygfie said:
Man, I hate to hear that. I know you guys have been busting butt to get done.

I'm still trying to at least get his car done so he can go, seeing as he came all the way from the West Coast and all....

But there's no way my car is making it. I would like to try to do a mini-meet sometime this summer/fall though, considering my car will be done next week. Great timing, huh? :p

MetalliKAT97

if someone wants to pick me up im down for pitching in gas money :p

well...for the meet thats coming middle of the year cause right now im kinda in another country so I wont be able to make it :roll:

Nitro_Alltrac

I'm leaving in the morning and should be in around noon.

On a slightly different note, we did a mini-meet last October that as pretty good. It was me, CMS-GT4 and three local guys. We had a good time. Maybe we can put something together with more of the folks from here this fall.

Nitro_Alltrac

It was a GREAT time! The weather was excellent and things went pretty well. Turn out was great! There had to be over 30 cars there with at least 5 All Tracs. Anybody that has ANY interest in running the Dragon needs to make this meet next year. It is a lot of fun and the camaraderie is excellent! Celica folks are a hard bunch to beat!

Murgatroy

I took a quick count at the base of the Dragon.

We had 39 cars (SUVs and Trucks included.) We then had 2 more MR2s, a Miata and an S2000 join us for a limited time. There was another Celica (20v swap) that arrived late and just ran the Dragon until dinner time. We had another Celica that showed but missed the roll out so they too ran the Dragon solo.

Counting the Crew from NC that was otherwise detained and the local Celica that showed up for dinner Friday, but not the Dragon Run Saturday, we would have easily been over 50 cars in the caravan had everyone been able to be present and accounted for at the same time.

A record turnout for any of the years I have attended.

Nitro_Alltrac

CMS-GT4":3u3p639l said:
Did anyone ever organize an alltrac group shot?

I don't think so. At the church, I was parked next to vip09, but the other All Tracs were either in the middle of the lot or scattered out a little. I didn't think about that till later. :(

CMS-GT4

It was the most alltracs at a single time at a Dragon meet. Would have been 6 if Mindy did not get lost.

Hopefully we can get some of us together this fall and working on having a larger presence at next years meet.