2009 Tail of the Dragon TN/NC April 17 meet planning

Blacktrac

A meet in July or August would mean that I would have to get my AC working :( My Emod car is down as of today. The coarse had a large bump in the middle of the turn and I ripped the left forward link off the rear axle , ooch! :cry: . Nothing a big hammer and a welder won't fix.

Nitro_Alltrac

Blacktrac":3lkygac0 said:
A meet in July or August would mean that I would have to get my AC working :( My Emod car is down as of today. The coarse had a large bump in the middle of the turn and I ripped the left forward link off the rear axle , ooch! :cry: . Nothing a big hammer and a welder won't fix.

Sorry to hear about the Emod car. I bet that was a little bit of a wild ride for a minute or two.

As for the AC, just tough it out like the old days when we didn't regularly have AC. It will be cool enough when you're up about 75 or 80! :D

vip09

I've been seriously thinking about putting A/C back in my car. It's going to be a pain to fit the compressor and lines in there with my custom oil cooler lines and oil return from the turbo in that area. Not to mention my intercooler piping is already squeezed in tight.

The humidity during the summer is insane down here. It might almost make all the trouble worth it.

Nitro_Alltrac

In all seriousness, I've been thinking about fixing mine. It's got a leak in the system somewhere. When its charged, it works good, but it doesn't hold the charge more than a few days. With the hear of summer coming, it would be nice to have it working.

Wicked Toys

Going to be working with someone soon to fix my rust area. Then I'll start treating the bottom. Car should be no prob for next year hoping.

And def we can talk about something late summer mike. I'll try to pin point the area I'm talking about and let you know.

CMS-GT4

Mine works, in the alltrac I just have to figure out how to turn on the compressor with the swapped ECU.

MY AC died in the Z before the meet. I still don't get why.

tissimo

I should be out for the next one.. I really want to drive those roads... Was caught up with work this past meet so couldn't make it. :(

A/C is a must in the south!

Nitro_Alltrac

I've put the refrigerant in that has the red dye but never found any. I've got some now that has the flurescent(sp?) in it so I'm going to try that shortly. Hopefully I'll be able to find something.

Josh, does the Z still have refrigerant in it? If so, probably a pressure switch in the system. I'm not familar with how Nissan AC is set up though.

CMS-GT4

There is a recall issue with the compressor and it was making lots of noise, so I suspect that's the issue. Now I just got to get it back under warranty...

tissimo

CMS-GT4":2jtd2iw4 said:
Now I just got to get it back under warranty...

Do you mean put it back to stock to take back to the dealer or do you mean its out of warranty. If its a recall they should fix it even if its out of warranty.

Nitro_Alltrac

TSB's are like that a lot of the time. The manufacturer knows there's a problem but won't do a recall until made to do it. The will put the info out in a TSB. Good luck Josh.

CMS-GT4

So I guess we can start trying to plan a small get together. I hope to have my car in the next couple of weeks.

Nitro_Alltrac

My wife asked me yesterday if we were doing a fall meet. She even offered to donate plasma to get me out the house for a couple of days, lol. I'd be up for it. I know there were a few of the Celicatech guys from IN that didn't make the spring meet talking about coming down for a fall meet but I haven't seen much chatter lately. I think between here and Celicatech, we might be able to get a few cars together.

vip09

It will be a few months before I'm able to do anything. I might have to wait until the next big meet, but I would like to come up there to a smaller meet so there wouldn't be the huge rush of keeping on schedule, etc.

Nitro_Alltrac

Last year we did it in early October. The weather was great but we just need to make sure that we aren't on the same weekend as that damn Harley meet. That made the Dragon not so enjoyable. The Hellbender and the roads over in NC were good though without much Harley traffic.