09 PPIHC

Anyone else planning on going this year july 19? Wont have my trac there, trip from iowa would prolly kill it if i got it going but would like to meet up with others if theyre gunna be there.

wakkjobb

Yeah, there was an article in the Gazette yesterday (I think?) about Gronholm coming to town this year...

Color me there!
Dan

athousandleaves

Pardon the thread revival but van someone give me a hand with my trip out to pikes peak?!
Posted in the Rockies forum about going up and looking for any info you guys can endow. Mostly interested in finding out where I can rent something somewhat powerful to take a rip in when there and if the cops sit on the highway and enforce the speed limit once you pass the toll 8)

Please fill me in!

wakkjobb

If you're talking about flying up the Pikes Peak toll road... think again. Once it opens to spectators, it's two lanes uphill; then switches to two downhill after the race. There's not going to be room to zip up at all; even though some Ducatis and idiot STIs try to.

I live in Colorado Springs and there's a few decent twisty roads kinda nearby to scratch that itch; Legacy of Dan is coming out this year, he almost got tagged by Monster last year. Bridge 47 lives nearby and he may know more roads than I do for that as well; PM me and we'll try to set up a mini-meet or something.

You'll have to try King's Chef Diner; it is rather tasty. :D Same goes for Rocky Mountain Brewery; beer that tastes like cherry pie... mmmmmmm.

>>Dan