Texas Gathering Ideas?

Hotrodhendrix

Ok guys just wanted to say I made some progress on the VR4 today. Looks like it will be finished friday... Talk about cutting it short.

Plus you guys will be the first to see the custom headlights a buddy and I designed/built. For the 3KGT that is. He is the same guy that will be helping me design new parts for the 5th gen celica's.

darthripley

^ sounds nifty James 8)

well, Vadar isn't going to make it unless some sort of miracle occurs tonite.
we've got tons of problems going on with him & he can't make it around the block much less down to Austin so we'll be coming in the MR2.
R2's faster anyways, but i did want to bring Vadar :(

G-Zone

My brother and I got his MR2 fixed so looks like we'll be seeing you guys there. He won't be pushing it at all until the new clutch gets 500 miles on it.

We'll be in the Teal Green MR2 Turbo. :)

darthripley

^ nice! glad to hear it!

i'm pretty sure there are going to be a few other SW20's so ya'll won't be alone.

ya'll can get near the back since your brother understandably has to take it easy.

we'll be in the primer grey & black AW11 S/C MKI MR2 -- not the prettiest, but not the slowest either :wink:

MixMaster

Wow that really sucks. I was hoping to see at least 1 of you guys' ATs. I'm hoping this isn't an Omen. Maybe I should leave mine at home and take my wife's 325i (AC, Power steering......)

At least if mine blows up or something, I'l have you guys to help me home...lol

We're going to have a few MR2s that's cool. Hope the end parking lot is big enough. If it looks to be a problem we can roll across the highway to Bone Daddy's.

darthripley

I know, I'm really sorry Paul.
I feel pretty disappointed, but Vadar is just totally fubared right now.
The vac is reading -12 in hg & the worst part is AFR's @ idle reading 19-20 which is way way way too lean.
I know we're missing/overlooking something, but honestly I'm so frustrated with the car I just don't feel like trying to fool with it right now.
I need a break from it & need to track down/attempt to solve the probs when we aren't so pushed to make a date.

Once we get him going right, we can come down & visit & have a small get together in the fall when the weather is much more cooperative too. :)

MixMaster

It's going to be fun regardless! I'm all for a further out run next time when the weather is cooler. I'm replacing my tranny fluid in the a.m. and topping off my differential. I have some premixed toyota red I'l bring on the run also. It's supposed to be about 102 degrees...it's storming here right now so maybe it will cool off!

I think we'll have around 30 cars, probably should get walkie talkies for the lead and last cars. You guys be careful coming down!

James when are you coming down and going back?

G-Zone

bad news guys.
2 ball joints and a Tie rod is really bad on the MR2 and that damn storm knocked the power out. I still don't have power/electricity to work on it so it looks like we wont be able to make it in time.
If we do go, it will probably be in a Slammed Red Miata with a roll bar but we're not sure if we'll go.
Sorry guys.
:(

MixMaster

Hopefully you guys can make it. The miata would probably handle these roads better than any other car coming out. Hit youtube and search limecreek Austin miata....it's a popular spot.

Hotrodhendrix

Well guys I really dont want to post this but... The VR4 is no where near ready for this kind of road trip. Not to mention the storm caused alot of damage that will cost me alot of non existent money.

So with a heavy heart I must say im not going to make it. This was the one meet of the year I really wanted to go to. We should have a meet in the fall which the alltrac will be ready for.

Sorry again,
~James :cry:

MixMaster

Booooooo
That sux but I hear ya. $ is tight everywhere. I'm down for the fall or maybe we can hit something up there. GL with everything.
I just got home from watching robbie Knievel jump in front of the capitol....goofy and funny but once in a lifetime deal haha

We'll take plenty of pics and video.

darthripley

we all lost a few pounds from all the sweating, but the roads were so amazing it was well worth it.

sorry that you couldn't come james & sorry your brother's MR2 couldn't make it out either g-zone.

lots of people ended up not being able to make it for one reason or another so it was a small get together but very enjoyable.

we had 3 MKI MR2's - our S/C, 1 blacktop 20V swap & 1 stock N/A
mixmaster's '93 'trac
death's 6th gen 3sgte swap aka GT2
a mini cooper s
a G35
a cobalt SS

once someone else posts pics, i'll repost them here, we didn't bring a camera.

DEATHGT2

Was sooo much fun. Had a blast playing around with R2's fast little badass self. Wish I had gotten a chance to run Mixmaster too [wut up Paul?].

Keri - Please LMK if you guys go back down in the Fall - you know I'm always down to roll with you cats.

MixMaster

Death you coming up to Dallas for that ATS deal in Sept?
There's a bunch headed to the track one night and road course on sat.
I put in an extended push rod, added some clutch fluid, hopefully I can get it bled and adjusted and maybe you'll get your wish...lol

Cars been on the backburner, economy sucks- I sell advertising, not a good combo.

Wish we could have hit a couple more roads but the traffic and heat were brutal. Glad you guys enjoyed Austin, I was worried ya'll weren't getting anough run time.

DEATHGT2

IDK at this point I'm in the middle of two moves and it's pretty brutal. Nothing new with the car yet anyway. PM me the details tho - Things may change.