Help a Vancouver Member out! need CT26 asap

Hey guys. my turbo is sick and making unpleasant noises and I need to aircare my RC before June 22nd (failed 4 months ago.) I need to pass this month or I can't renew, but I dont' think my turbo can make it. Does anyone in the vancouver area have a spare CT26 or CT20B that would like to help a member out and lend it to me for a week or so just so i can swap it in and take my aircare test? I'd really appreciate it! hell, if someone has a CT20B in the area i'll consider buying it if its in good shape. I'm planning on upgrading to a GT28rs kit but it will be too tight a window to buy one, have it shipped and then deal with the retro fitting with the whole compressor outlet / WTA hotpipe/inlet alignment problem. I'd like to pass stupid aircare first with a stock setup before dealing with all this. my car's a DD which is the reason for my urgency.

Can a member help me out? email or PM me.

Thanks guys.

93cc

post you question on www.pstoc.org there are a couple of members that have an AllTrac that are currently not running that might be willing to loan/sell you a turbo.

can't remember when that was, but the first go around i only managed some sort of conditional pass (i passed all but one test, can't remember which one i just failed) long story short, i gave me one year insurance and i had to test it again this year. well, one year passed, and for whatever reason, i failed again in feb so i have 4 months insurance ending this month. freakin, starting to hate aircare with a passion:) I just installed a wideband today so i can figure out what my A/F is and from there tweek the AFM spring again if its on the rich side. Of course, my turbo decides to go on Thursday so that puts a wrench in things. how are things with you?

yes, GT4RC kindly offered his backup CT26, but i actually didn't end up using it. I still have my limping CT26 on the car, and I am waiting for a CT20B to be shipped up to me that i bought off a guy on MR2OC. Hope its a decent unit, I have no reason for it not to be:) That will tie me over until i finally decide which GT28 kit to pony up and buy.

On another note. My aircare saga continues...i still haven't been able to officially pass, because my last attempt at retesting ended in desaster! As luck would have it, the aircare tech, in his flustered and unprofessional state, mashed on my shifter during the beginning of the test and ended up busting my linkage...long story short, didn't finish the test, had to have my baby towed, filed an "aircare" incident report, now dealing with all that mess!

good news is, damage wasn't as bad as it could've been, cable just got ripped off, It wasn't an expensive fix. Now, if I want to get anything out of aircare i have to deal with ICBC. That's who their insurance carrier is for any incidents that occur with our car under their "care" during a test. Needless to say, it could be long and painful for costs that aren't really that much. Its more the principle and the time, inconvenience, and suffering i have to go through, not to mention still having to get them to test the car to pass! I don't want them to touch it again after that! Of course aircare main office don't want to help me out at all. you should of seen me about to commit heiness crimes at the time it all happened. I was not happy.

East Van testing facility. off Boundary and 1st Ave on Charles street. I will say the acting manager was a good guy. He was the one that helped me through the paperwork and the ordeal in general, but in the end has no real power as to what main office and ICBC will end up doing.

finally after a bird totally dive-bombed me and my GT4 last night, that good luck was what we needed as we passed freakin aircare this morning. Good riddance to them, hopefully in 2 years, 2011, they won't be around anymore when i need to get tested again.

now i just have to wait till ICBC calls regarding the "incident" but whatever. That's not a big deal since i've passed now. They can take their sweet ass time and if and when they do deny coverage, i'll consider a civil suet and drag them down as long as i can to make them feel it a bit.

Now to more important things like waiting for my CT20B and continue my research on an eventual GT28 upgrade :lol:

later guys.

YerRandO

So you passed on your old CT26? Your running a downpipe aren't you? You should post up your results I'm curious how it looks without the front cat.

sorry for the late reply. the results sheet is buried in a pile of paperwork right now, but it was CO around .42 (max is .50) CO2 around .400 (max i think is .7ish) NOx was .52 (max is 1.24) i'm running a secondary magnaflow SS cat and a 3" DP.

YerRandO

You mean HC, CO and NOx. I'd expect to see the HC rather high just based on how rich our cars tend to run. Did you end up adjusting the AFM based on your wideband readings?

This gives me a gimmer of hope, my trac came with a 3" DP from the previous owner, so i don't even have the option of running the front cat for testing. Good job!

yeah that's what i meant. sorry, i've been slammed with work lately. I adjusted the AFM a couple clicks tighter (leaner) . its interesting the ecu took about 20km to re-adjust the idle mixture. it was running a bit lean on idle but corrected itself. It still runs pig rich at full thottle of course, but i think it isn't as bad at partial now.

Question, even with base timing set at 10deg. the ecu can pull or add timing depending on environmental temperatures right? how much timing can it add or retard and how can you measure that as you're driving?