Moving to Orlando florida

Bori

Job is relocating me and the familyl in July to Orlando around the cr50 (colonial Drive) and valencia area. Not far from Semoran Blvd. Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me a little about the area. I went last weekend to sign the lease for the apartment and drove around for a while. Seems like a peaceful neighborhood. If anybody here knows a little about orlando and wants to share your knowledge, it will be appreciated.

Bori

RafaCalde

well, first off, you're one the same road as the closest drag strip is. Orlando Speed World is on 50 straight east towards Titusville. so you'll be about an hour away from me. Semoran is the quickest way for you to get to the airport. lots of places to eat on Semoran and lots of shopping centers. If i'm correct about where you'll be it's about 15 outside downtown orlando and half an hour away from Downtown disney and the parks. it'd be cool once you settle down to meet up sometime. What part of New Jersy are you coming from?

Bori

Thanks for the info. I'll def. get in contact to meet up once I settle in.
I'll be traveling back to orlando this weekend to drive around and get familiar with the area. Anything in specific I should check out? I was told to check out international dr. Know anything about that?

Bori

RafaCalde

definitely. international drive is one of the main roads to be on in the city. it has too many things to name. best thing to do is drive up and down and check it out.

Bori

I went to orlando last week and check out international drive. Very busy area. Lots to do. I'm liking it so far. The weather is tough. It was like 100 degrees down there. I'll get used to it I guess. I won't be officially moved in till about another week or so. That means another week or so here in Jersey. Oh boy.

RafaCalde

you never told me what part of New Jersey you're coming from. yeah the 95+ degree weather an daily showers takes getting used to. just wait til the winter. it can get just as cold is in jersey sometimes except no snow. like i said let me know when you get all settled in.

Gino Merlot

Bori":3cjl3lo0 said:
Job is relocating me and the familyl in July to Orlando around the cr50 (colonial Drive) and valencia area. Not far from Semoran Blvd. Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me a little about the area. I went last weekend to sign the lease for the apartment and drove around for a while. Seems like a peaceful neighborhood. If anybody here knows a little about orlando and wants to share your knowledge, it will be appreciated.

Bori

Welcome to FL,Orlando is a great town. I have lots of friends up that way,but don't get up that way to much,its a far drive from where I live. There are a few AllTrac's in this area,you just have to kick up some stones. Tissmo has one,he lives in the Melbourne area,I have one that will be back on the road in 2 weeks I hope :D
Orlando Speed World is a good track,we have our Merritt Island Car Club Meetings on Saturday Nights at 9:30 p.m. Its a huge Car meet with all makes and models,but I have not been up there in awhile do to hammering down and the getting my car done,I also have a 2001 GT-S Celica that will be going up for sale soon...
Here are some pics:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... mId=959910

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2694664

If you have a Myspace Page,anybody just add me,that would be great...

METDeath

There's a place called fun spot in Orlando that has some decent go kart tracks (four of them, one is rather technical). It's $35 for an all day/night pass, plus there's a coinless arcade that's got some interesting titles (like the Simpson's Arcade game).

RafaCalde

Bori":2w9jj0e2 said:
Elizabeth,nj. small crappy town next to newark'. not much to do here. familiar with it?

i've passed through it with my fiance when i went to visit her. let us know when you get all settled in. i'd love to have a meet.