My New project; Operation ST195 underway!

k_trac

Just got my ST205 clip from chicoraceworks / venus auto. Only 79,000 k, looks like its in great shape, no rust anywhere, inside intake man. is clean as hell.

I got a huge bonus- the 205 rear diff.! Fortunetly the WAIC exchanger is not damaged. Unfurtunetly, it didnt come with any brakes. Oh well.....

I'd put pics up, but imageshack is not working for me.....

Gary

Sweet dude.
If it isn't snow, I'll give you a visit. :D
Are you putting it on now or will wait for spring?

alltracman78

Gary":2l7mzcx8 said:
Sweet dude.
If it isn't snow, I'll give you a visit. :D
Are you putting it on now or will wait for spring?

I might jump in on that too [if ya'all don't mind]. I'd like to see a 205 up close.
This is assuming I can make it home for it...

k_trac

Everyone is welcome to have a look at the project. Come on by anytime! I am going to start it soon a week or so, once my garage is fully set up. I want to have the car up and running by march.

Only problem is now the #2 alltrac is under 2 feet of snow!
Fortunetly, clip is already in garage!

k_trac

Ya, I am going to be gunning for 12.9 this up coming season. I will be hitting the track a lot this year since I didnt at all last year.

My #2 alltrac is tottally gutted and ready for the swap, I hope it doesnt take me more than a month to finish it all.

creech_r

Is it a pretty simple swap? I should have enough money by this summer to have an alltrac and front clip in my garage...correct me if I'm wrong but I think its the same block...just a remodel of the 3s-gte right? And if it's worth doing, i wouldn't mind some hints on how to make things go smoothly. I know how to research, but i've never seen the engines up close. I know an importer and I know a car dealer that can start looking for an auction alltrac (which he says goes through a few times a year, especially in the non-winter months).

k_trac

Here are some pics
dscf00473ex.jpg

dscf00486fl.jpg

dscf00567mz.jpg

k_trac

It does have the IC, I just took it off.
As for the brakes, I knew I wasnt going to be getting those.
I only paid 3k for it, granted everything is ok, its a good deal to me

BTW do all 205 diffs come with a torsen LSD?