MR2/ALLTRAC/TOYOTA MEET AUGUST 15th ARIZONA

86turboswap

Ok now that I own a Alltrac again I have alot of interest in bringing the MR2 guys together with Alltrac Guys in AZ. A couple of guys on alltrac.net are trying to setup a meet. So I'm taking the bull by the horns to make it happen.

It's gonna be extremely hot in august, so lets head up North again like last August.

I propose we all meet around 9am Saturday August 15th at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. Park near the Sports Authority. Spend maybe a hr to make sure everyones prepped for the trip. Drive 60E to Country Club and take Country club North to Payson.

There is a road that I drove last august at the last Payson MR2 Trip. The road is just before Payson it has some canyon carving hair pins with no guardrails kinda fun. Most corners have guardrails but I remember 1 that didn't There is never any cops in the area at all. The road is several miles long and I drove it back and forth last year twice and only saw 1 other car. The road is also pretty well paved.

After Running the road, we could all go up into payson to this park and have a BBQ. It's beautiful up there. Totally reminds me of where I'm from in Washington State.

After the BBQ we could run the road again depending on daylight or just go home from there.

We have 1 member up in Payson with 2 MKII Turbo MR2's. He hosted the event last year. I talked to him this morning but not get a chance to talk to him about this year.

Before anybody gets any crazy ideas.

NO DRIVING LIKE A IDIOT. I don't want to see any passing, running the road. It's one hell of a fun road and 1 idiot could ruin it for everyone. We will have to keep some decent spacing but it will be fun. If you decide to drive like a moron, I will ask you to leave. Prime example of this is when Ricky was blindly passing people around corners on that canyon run most of you did, that I could not attend. NO STREET RACING! NO BURN OFFS, 360's,etc...

Last year at the park this guy decided to jump in his AE86 and spin 360's in the parking lot. Granted there wasn't anyone around for miles but us, but I think he lost alot of respect and showed his maturity to the rest of the group. He could spin some mean 360's but he defaced a national park.

Any of this activity and you will be asked to leave. Spirited driving and speeding are to be expected but leave your race mode, and jackass at home.

(COPIED FROM MY POST ON MR2OC ARIZONA SUB FORUM)
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=3931854

86turboswap

Cool we gotta get all the other alltrac guys out, I know just about every MK1 and MKII MR2 owner in the valley. I have over 40 MKII MR2 Customers alone. I have never met another Alltrac owner in Arizona except the guy I sold my alltrac too a long time ago.

celica_gtx

hell yea man!
ima try my best!
im goin into the military and i asked to
get shipped early b4 this..
but id love to go!

ill ask my buddy that lives in prescott,
im sure hes down. hes got a gt4.
i can post it up on aztoyota.org
see if those guys are down?
its mostly ae86...check out the site..
i work with one of the guys that in there.

86turboswap

I'm not 100% positive.
Obviously I will be there & I'll round up as many of the MR2 guys as I can.
My MR2 Turbo is not on the road I need a speedo gear and a few things here and there before I can drop the engine in it. So I will be driving the alltrac.

tarmac165

Hello -- any alltracs in the Phoenix metro area?
I moved to Phoenix a few years back and my 165 has just been sitting in the garage since. I'm looking to connect with some local alltrac folks in the area, and maybe it'll get me motivated to get working on her again. Feel free to PM/IM me.

86turboswap

I've got a red 88 that is in need of some TLC. Needs some engine maintenance that has been overlooked by the last 4 owners, and some bodywork.