turboing a 94 5s

A

Anonymous

hey, i was wondering what you guys thought about the idea of turboing a 5s motor. my friend has a 93 alltrac for parts and we had the idea of using the turbo off of that. any ideas at what we could use out of the alltrac for my 94 5s celica gt? thanks for any info!

DudeMan

Since its a GT I'm pretty sure you can just swap in a 3SGTE. That's what I would do anyways.

Search, there's tons of info on this site. Just put 'and' as the first term in your search and it will work a lot better.

This isn't really the proper place for your question though, this thread will probly be moved.

Good luck with whatever way you choose to go. Its more than possible to turbo your 5SFE and since its a 94' I'm pretty sure it has a knock sensor. In my opinion dropping in a 3S will be easier.

bloodMoney

The exhaust manifold, turbo and downpipe will bolt up. You're going to need bigger injectors, oil cooler relocation kit, SAFC and an alltrac map sensor.

Pressure2 is basically the pioneer in the 6g 5SFTE area.

5SFTE

~bloodMoney

A

Anonymous

holy cow. thanks guys! do you think the alltrac map will work for the 5s? my friend has almost the whole 93 celica for parts. and i take it the 5 speed tranny wont fit on the 5s? sorry for all the questions but this forum has the most knowledgeable people by the looks of the other posts.

bloodMoney

The alltrac map sensor is plug and play for the 5s.

The 5speed tranny from what? The alltrac or your 6g?

~bloodMoney

RedCelicaTRD

The map sensor is interchangeable, but it will not run right if you swap it onto a stock 5s computer.

Thread is getting moved...