ST165 Rear Spoiler Decals and JDM Door Decals

ChrisD

I got mine from an owner in New Zealand that had some made up for his cars.

There may be some very minor differences as these are replicas and not authentic Toyota made. From memory he did his best to keep them as identical as possible, but I can't guaruntee them to be the exact same.

imho, no one would ever notice the differences.

Redrkt01

ChrisD":z6vsjcqz said:
imho, no one would ever notice the differences.

I would, you poser! :p

Actually....since I ordered some real suckers maybe we should all hold off until I receive those. I'll make a stencil and send it to Jeremy.

ChrisD

How much were those, and are they available for a group order? The downside is that the OEM ones have a film around the lettering, which can gunk up.

But yah, maybe that...

Redrkt01

I think my stencil will still be preferred being that it is OEM.....plus that allows us to choose the materials we want to make it out of.

Just a thought...

89celicagt

I have high quality USDM and JDM files for cut vinyl ready to go if you guys can't source originals.
p5090055.jpg

p6020090a.jpg

p8030253.jpg

If you like let me know we can work out details over e-mail or phone.

Thanks,
-Kevin

86turboswap

I have the original Toyota, and Celica. Pat from TX sent me some really good stencils of the alltrac turbo.

All I need is a accurate stencil of the side decals and I will be getting these made.

They will be available on my website www.southwestspeedworks.net and also in the the phoenix reprographics catalog.

awaiting good stencils for the door decals

86turboswap

Yea I've seen the pictures and saved them to my pc, but to be honest I'm not willing to take some pictures into a professional graphics company and say recreate this off some pictures. It will cost more and it will probably not come out perfectly accurate like I need.

To understand the background I come from. I used to restore old muscle cars before I got into Toyotas. My father and grandfather restored many with my help. We would hunt months to find an original part for a particular vehicle rather than just drive to the parts store. Every decal on the cars we restored had to be licensed by the manufacturer. When I restore a car or look at having restoration parts made or produced, I make sure they are accurate. If any curve or line in a decal is incorrect I won't put it on my car. I know many people are less particular than I am but If I won't put it on my car I won't sell it.

I hope everyone can appreciate my dedication to quality.

Redrkt01

86turboswap":zl1zsfno said:
Yea I've seen the pictures and saved them to my pc, but to be honest I'm not willing to take some pictures into a professional graphics company and say recreate this off some pictures. It will cost more and it will probably not come out perfectly accurate like I need.

To understand the background I come from. I used to restore old muscle cars before I got into Toyotas. My father and grandfather restored many with my help. We would hunt months to find an original part for a particular vehicle rather than just drive to the parts store. Every decal on the cars we restored had to be licensed by the manufacturer. When I restore a car or look at having restoration parts made or produced, I make sure they are accurate. If any curve or line in a decal is incorrect I won't put it on my car. I know many people are less particular than I am but If I won't put it on my car I won't sell it.

I hope everyone can appreciate my dedication to quality.

I can.....that's why I paid $250 for a pair of original decals.

ChrisD

Yep - best wait for Rdrkt's to come in then. A graphic designer should be able to easily recreate from the pictures by extracting it as a vector image and fine tuning, but if you want OEM you need the OEM decals to start from. Mine are reprods already, so I can't guarantee anything. (with that said, they are incredibly close)

ChrisD

haha, not my car. That is Tim Wilson's 165, in New Zealand. He had a few sets of these decals produced and made me a set too.

Rick89GTS

Chris: LOL, I don't know why, but I feel relieved :lol:
Those decals look great. For me, something of that quality would work for me just fine.

Kevin: what's the basic price for a set of your decals?

Redrkt01

I paid $250 USD for mine. They haven't gotten to NZ from Japan yet. I'll figure out the final price once I pay for shipping from NZ to the US.