Need help picking up car (DMV area)

lumbercis

Hi all,

This may be a long shot, but I wanted to see if there was a kind soul out there who might be able to help me pick up an alltrac I'm buying. Basically I need a ride from the DC area to West Chester, PA where the car is.

Google maps says it's about a two hour drive one way.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... e=UTF8&z=9

Of course, I'd be willing to pay for gas, lunch, maybe a small "thanks for the help" bonus. Plus, being a local enthusiast, I'd always be a phone call away if you ever needed help with your 'trac.

If there's no one able to help around DC, I'll probably just rent a car and hit up one of my friends to drive up with me.

Hope to see some of you at some meets once winter's over. :smokes:

Later,
J.

LegacyofDan

yeah man post up a date, i work in west chester all the time. in fact i'm working right now. lol.

so yeah, throw up a date and i will see if can help ya out, by the way what trac are you buying in west chester...i was not aware one was for sale...lol

lumbercis

The car is there right now waiting to be picked up.

The date is really up to the person helping me. This weekend is a possibility. I don't think many people would be available next weekend due to the holidays. But just in case, I'd be willing to go then as well.

I just talked to the car lot on the phone and they gave me another option which is to have the delivery company they use transport the car to the Baltimore-Washington Auto Exchange (Auction place) for $150. So then I'd just need a ride from DC to south of Baltimore. The only reason I'm kind of squeamish about that is that I would need to mail the car lot the check for the car. So they would have the car, the money, and the title. While I have a signed contract and could probably get my money back if something went wrong, it would be a huge hassle going to court. So I'd rather take the extra hassle of going up there just so I can get the title personally.

Idk, what do you guys think?

BTW: Here's the car: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35990

I may elect to go this weekend to Philly area to pick up my new shortblock
from Thompson Toyota. Not sure if I can wedge the thing into my TSX.
Let me look into it. They want to charge me 95 to ship it (ouch). Also a place selling LCD TV's cheap so I may do a combo trip. Not sure where
I would put you ...... :D

lumbercis

Well, I'd only be cargo on the way up. :D Let me know if you decide to go.

Do you guys think there is a safe way to mail them the check and have the car shipped to the Auto Auction? It would be much easier getting a ride to outside Baltimore, plus I'm not too far from home if the 212k oil leaking engine decides to die. :smokes:

Did I mention I could use some help with an engine swap? :twisted:

Well the box will barely fit in my TSX so I am probably having it shipped :(
Dont think I can get the darn thing back out of my trunk without beating up
my car ...

So I am out for this weekend

PM me with your phone number. I think I am borrowing a truck so I can
go get the short block tomorrow. Will know (hopefully) later today. I can
cut up the Penn TP from the car lot and go get the short block :)

lumbercis

It looks like I'm just going to have it shipped down closer to DC. I may need a quick ride over to the Balt-DC Auto Auction at some point to pick it up.

Thanks for the help so far.

J.

lumbercis

I talked to the shippers today. There's a slight chance he could bring it down wednesday assuming my check gets to the dealership by tomorrow. If not the shipper will bring it down after the holidays.

I'll post up when things are more nailed down.

Thanks guys!! :smokes:

J.

lumbercis

It's been a little delayed due to having to get my license changed to DC and then getting insurance. Just a lot of little paperwork things to take care of. I should be making an appointment for the shippers to pick it up and bring it down here this week.

My bigger concern now is where I am going to get the engine swap done. I wanted to do it myself, but finding work space in/around DC is proving to be a huge hassle. I hate to do it, but I might have to have a shop do the swap for me. :bangshead:

97JZA80

Cool, i wasnt sure and thought maybe I missed a thread somewhere. That dude with the skull avatar aint that far from you...wonder if hed be interested in helping you out. I heard he kind of knows his way around these cars....jk... :evil: