North American ST205 owners

Quakefire

I just bought a black 94 ST205 in Saskatoon. Hopefully getting it on monday. I have a question about this clean box....what does it do exactly?

TEAMFaint

Add me to the owners list.
Never getting rid of this car.
Pictures up on Sunday when I overhaul the whole thing cleaning wise amungst other things ;)

Sal

I have a cleaning box. I believe its just a box to throw out your garbage so you can throw it out later OR its just a cleaning box that holds cleaning products?

I don't use mine lol.

GTFOURST205guy

Quakefire":2vvu1jep said:
Pictures after i'm done removing the tint from the rear window. Its not going well....

Ya i'd like to take the tint off mine but i decided not to get into that kind of mess so i deal with it for now.

Quakefire

The tint has lots of long bubbles in it that were completely obscuring my view through the back. After two hours of scrapping i've got about a fifth of the tint off, tomorrow i'll try steaming it, or using a heat gun or something

GTFOURST205guy

Quakefire":147bpl51 said:
The tint has lots of long bubbles in it that were completely obscuring my view through the back. After two hours of scrapping i've got about a fifth of the tint off, tomorrow i'll try steaming it, or using a heat gun or something

oh ya, I would have taken mine off if it had bubbles but lucky for me it doesn't :)

Quakefire

4 hours, a bottle of straight ammonia, extra fine steel wool, and numerous razor blades, and I can finally see out of my back window. And I only broke 4 defrost lines!

tintman22

Quakefire":1dpr0c64 said:

Dont use a scraper you will distroy your defrost lines. Use a heat gun and heat up an area ( preety hot ) about 8" square a slowly peel the tint of. It is alot of work. After you get all the tint off you will need windex and a garbage bag. on the outside of the window cut the garbage bag to the size of the inside of the window. Spray lots windex on the glue and cover it up with the garbege bag ( prevents the windex from evaperating) let is sit for about 1 hour. Peel back the garbage bag about 10" at a time and wipe the glue of with paper towel. If there is little bits of glue left over you can use the windex and some fine steel wool.

schmooot

does anyone else have a plastic shield fitted to the inside of the rear window. I'm torn on whether or not I like it

Quakefire

Part of the problem with the tint is that the layers of the tint had all separated, The heat gun and windex works great when all pieces of the tint are still together, your just left with the glue. Mine still had the tint layer as well. The ammonia eats all of that stuff, so I sprayed the straight ammonia onto the extra fine steel wool and rubbed, it took a few rolls of wool as they do clog up, but thats what worked best in this case (its also 20 below here so the heat gun is a scary idea)

The broken defrost wires can be fixed easy enough with a cheap kit.

Pics when I can

schmooot

DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

It says CELICA on it, looks like lexan or something, almost like rear window louvers, it fits on the inside of the hatch window and is attched with little brackets and screws....makes it kind of hard to see out the back if you ask me

GTFOURST205guy

schmooot":20mczhpv said:
DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

It says CELICA on it, looks like lexan or something, almost like rear window louvers, it fits on the inside of the hatch window and is attched with little brackets and screws....makes it kind of hard to see out the back if you ask me

ya i can imagine, well actually i don't need to, my tint is so dark i pretty much can't see out the back. thats weird though i've never seen anything like that.

Insanity-74

Dont know if he has posted on here or not, but a Guy has just joined the GT4OC who has an Real ST205 in New York, LHD imported from Italy, all legal....so it is possible. Nice looking car too.

mike325ci

Insanity-74":3eq3mrnz said:
Dont know if he has posted on here or not, but a Guy has just joined the GT4OC who has an Real ST205 in New York, LHD imported from Italy, all legal....so it is possible. Nice looking car too.

Yeah, I just saw that... And I can't believe he's my neighbor (well, within an hour's distance)!

Domspun

Insanity-74":25pcwn5y said:

Not legal to an american citizen, he must be a foreigner.