How to remove Cruise Control speed Limiter

snakeeater

Is there any easy way to modify the cruise contol so I can cruise over 112km per h(70mph)! I have a feeling this is a purely jdm problem....
I can see the reasoning behind it, so not wear the engine, but it is SO F*&*ING ANNOYING when the flow of traffic is 125km and Im limited to 112.

Simba

Get rid of the stock ECU, otherwise, no.

On the JDM computer you can either have no speed limit, or no cruise control, not both as the cruise control needs the VSS signal.

That said, the speed cut should be higher than that, around 120 mph. Check that your VSS isn't doing something weird.

snakeeater

So if I have cruise I hav no speed limiter? That would explain me doing 120mph/190km once with my speedo amost turning over.

So if my cruise wont set above 70mph its the ecu thats at fault? though it might be in the cruise control.

~CDUB~

mine is the exact same way only works above 60km/h and wont set anything past 110km/h if i set it at 100 and use the accel feature i can get it to about 117 before it hit the limiter.

As well my car seems to not have a speed limiter equipped on my car as I use to bury the needle on the highway quite frequently when i first got the car.

as well my JDM MR-2 cruise control works the exact same way but it does have a speed limiter at 180