ST165 Factory bodykit? Anyone thinks it's worth reproducing?

Is it worth the time to have an aftermarket factory style body kit reproduced for the ST165?

• Worth the time?

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Don't even bother and move on?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

GT4times2

Just as the title says, does anyone think it's worth a company's time to reproduce factory kits for the ST165s? I found a company that is very interested in reproducing the ST165 front bumper cover, the rear bumper cover, side skirts, and door spoiler/panels. It would be made out of some polyurethane material. I spoke to the owner of a company, and he's interested.

Now my question is, is it worth their time? Would there be enough Celica GT-S owners and Alltrac owners restoring their cars to have them reproduce it for us, or should I not even bother? Just curious.

GT4times2

To make it cost effective, he said replicating a factory kit would save a whole lot money and time.

And among us, less arguments about which style we want or prefer. Once it's a custom design, things change. People may not like this or that, then come the issues and delays.

The fact that it's a factory reproduction kit makes it easy for us not to debate over which design is nicer etc...Factory design is already liked by just about everyone.

I'd like more participation on the topic. Vote if you can. Thanks.

RedCelicaTRD

Front bumper is a big yes! Mine is bad, the ST165 down the street is bad, quite a few members on here are bad and it's discontinued from Toyota. The rear is also discontinued so anything we can get reproduced is a good idea in my book.

Shaggz00

I'd say yes, but only to the front bumper, cuz it's the most commonly messed up part. the others are pretty easy to come by if you know where to look

97JZA80

Front bumper only...mines jacked up but exterior is last 8) And you might get interested 162 guys, but I'd assume they would want a full kit.

d1alltrac

stock reproduction might be worth it, depending on the final price.

I've been dreaming about a stock looking wrap around for ages though...just like stock but with the widebody pieces and bumper cover as one piece.

Rick89GTS

Any update on this?

I'd be more interested in the metal support brackets underneath that have all rusted out. Not sure if Toyota even stocks them anymore...?

GT4times2

Rick89GTS":3iz2c1p7 said:
Any update on this?

I'd be more interested in the metal support brackets underneath that have all rusted out. Not sure if Toyota even stocks them anymore...?

Last time I got in touch with RedRkt01, he was in the process of getting the bumpers for the ST165 done, IIRC.

However, I like your idea to have support brackets underneath remanufactured. I dont think Toyota makes them anymore. It does make sense to see if we could find some company to make some. It should not be that complicated.