205 spoiler on 185

timmey

I am so stoked on this spoiler it is silly:

"Toyota Celica 1994 onwards Jap Style ASP Rear Evo style spoiler."
asp_celica_rear.jpg

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-bod ... lica.shtml

I mean, I like the OEM ST205 spoiler with spacers, but from behind it is too boxy and right-angle and tall. I like it more with the spacers, but it's too tall of a spacer. I think from the front of a ST185 with a ST205 spoiler looks good but from the back the ST205 spoiler looks too boxy and dumb.

This one is much more smooth and gradual. I am really liking this one. I think I see a brake light in it too which is a plus for me.

I had a thought though, has anyone compared the measurements of the st185 and 205 trunk? Is the ST205 trunk wider?

Timmey

pintoBC_3sgte

timmey":29uyd72a said:
I am so stoked on this spoiler it is silly:

"Toyota Celica 1994 onwards Jap Style ASP Rear Evo style spoiler."
asp_celica_rear.jpg

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-bod ... lica.shtml

I mean, I like the OEM ST205 spoiler with spacers, but from behind it is too boxy and right-angle and tall. I like it more with the spacers, but it's too tall of a spacer. I think from the front of a ST185 with a ST205 spoiler looks good but from the back the ST205 spoiler looks too boxy and dumb.

This one is much more smooth and gradual. I am really liking this one. I think I see a brake light in it too which is a plus for me.

I had a thought though, has anyone compared the measurements of the st185 and 205 trunk? Is the ST205 trunk wider?

Timmey

oo i agree. Keep me updated if this would actually fit as i need the 3rd brake light too :D

timmey

Pretty sure I'll order it and find out.

It's pretty reasonably priced I think. I will do a photochop tonight.

Cheers,

Timmey

YerRandO

It will be way too wide and the mounts won't line up on the hatch (they angle out over the fenders). I own both, the shape of the hatch is compeitly different on my 6th gen not to mention wider where the spoiler mounts.

timmey

Crap!

So you just can't do it? Granted you still want your hatch to be able to open?

I guess I won't do this if my trunk won't open.

Timmey

shadowlife25

Just curious about something. I know it may indeed sound like heresy, but what about using an.............

Mitsubishi Eclipse GST spoiler? It has a really nice bow to it that I think actually acts to compliment AND contrast with the straight rear lines of the 185.

Just my .02

YerRandO

timmey":ba8n3p5p said:
Crap!

Timmey

definatly not a bolt on thats for sure, it would look compeitly akward unless you reshaped the whole thing extensivly.

alltracst185

YerRandO":3ggf4vrt said:
timmey":3ggf4vrt said:
Crap!

Timmey

definatly not a bolt on thats for sure, it would look compeitly akward unless you reshaped the whole thing extensivly.
you could just cut it in half and fiberglass it back togetther :smokes: i think it would look good with st205 sides and a lip in the front on a rc bumper :smokes:

timmey

YerRandO":1v9n9huc said:
timmey":1v9n9huc said:
Crap!

Timmey

There is a Castrol Decal'd 185 on this thread with a ST205 spoiler. Would he have cut the center out and fibreglassed together?

Can you please grab the measurements of your ST205's spoiler for me so I know how much work I am looking at? I mostly just want the height with spacers, and the width between where it mounts to the trunk.

Well this makes things a lot harder, but never say never with our car. Crazier things have been done.

Timmey

timmey

Saw this on GT4OC as well.

Looks pretty good, I think. Maybe 1-2" too tall. If you need to modify it for the st185, I'd probably get that much chopped off. I wonder if the trunk opens.

Personally, the thing I'm more worried about is the lines of this spoiler from behind. I think it might look a bit dumb now in hindsight, but more pictures will be needed.

Do you know who on GT4OC has this car?

Timmey

CMS-GT4

Not sure the owner. I was just making my quick quarterly browse over there and ran across it.

Hotrodhendrix

I will still be doing this but im going to have a custom raiser blocks made to fit the st185. I have a budy that will soon be making body parts for the st185's off of mine. If you guys would be interested in something like that he could make a mold and start selling those...

pinoyGT4

i wonder if that silver 185 can still open his hatch... hmm...

i too am thinking of replacing my wing...

if nothing OEM looking is looks great and fits great, id maybe go for a time attack GT wing.. :D

shadowlife25

Hey Josh :)

Any chance of you PS'ing my idea of an Eclipse GST spoiler on a 185 for me?

I have been curious about it for ages now and would love to see it.

Thanks in advance,

- Mario

CMS-GT4

It might look ok with decent wheels and a body kit, but it does not really help the lines of the 185. Especially from the rear. I think the TRD y2k celica spoiler is one of the few I like.