Will these rims clear my 205 brakes?

Sal

Hey guys I'm thinking of purchasing some 16'' Speedline PREO-R rims... Bronze/Gold in color for my white 205...

preo-r.jpg

The rim specs are:
16x7 +48 5x100
wrapped on 205/50/16 tires.

Will these fit the car? I have 5mm spacers all around for the car at the moment...

CMS-GT4

Whats your oem specs? I kind of doubt at that ET they will fit. I have seen some 17x8 ones on a faff, but not some that narrow and high et.

CMS-GT4

Honestly, I would hold out for something else. No sense in downgrading for looks. It would not hurt to take off your wheel and take some measurements so that you could get and idea of what might fit. Look at some of the BBK websites. They have templates to download to see if your wheel fits their kit. I would advise making something similar.

Meurz

Gary ST165 has such a set on his RC, he might be able to send you some dimensions to find out?

Sal

Yea that would be great. I'll give him a PM.

I want these rims bad! I don't really like the look of 17's on a 205.

st205.jpg

Here's a 205 with these rims on. I tried checking the GT40C wheels thread but had no luck in finding someone with these wheels and comments on them!

Gary ST165

my instinct is that ET48 wont clear the ST205 calipers.

but...

http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... ne#p757495

Rob_A":3a03uv5m said:
Speedline SL 1102
16x7
et35

07082007572.jpg

obviously ET35 don't require spacers ;)

You might be in luck...tomorrow i am going to see my good friend datajon, and i have to take my speedlines off as they have no tyre tread left. I will ask if i can test fit one of them to his ST205. Can't promise anything...

I've got to use my ST205 3 spokes on my RC :( as they have new tyres. I originally put these aside for my ST165 :roll:

Sal

Ok cheers Gary please let me know!

It would save me an hour 1/2 drive over to the shop that has these rims :wink:

Gary ST165

no joy Sal. my mate isn't at the workshop today or yesterday :(

i won't see him again until probably next wednesday.

Sal

Ok cheers mate let me know if you ever have the chance to do it :)

I might end up at the dealer next week!

etantshi

ChrisD":22hkg47d said:
It's really got more to do with the shape of the spokes than the offset itself. Spokes are the same distance from the caliper no matter what the offset on a given rim style.

Those ones look like they have a good chance of fitting because the spokes push 'out' so to speak.

Exactly. The ET won't tell you much on if the wheel will fit or not over a st205 caliper.

darthripley

i've got the same rims in silver, but 16x7 +38mm et & they clear the front 205 calipers - however i did have to add a 3mm spacer to clear the lower ball joint since the car is a ST185.

i think the rims would clear simply due to the spoke design .. but it might be close & don't quote me on it :twisted:

this is the front 205 hub/knuckle test fitted onto our rim - it cleared, but was close - the only pic i have is from the backside:

btease2.jpg