st165 body/hood modifications

CMS-GT4

Sadly the 165 never gets much love in the body department. But here maybe you guys can share your ideas and mods as well as links to body kits or mods you have found on the net you want to share. I really like the look of a 165 lowered and with some decent wheels but for those wanting to make some changes, here is your thread.

I ran across this kit today. I sort of like the front bumper. I think the skirts are too extreme though.
https://www.absmotorsport.net/toyota-ce ... =3d&page=1

St16x widebody video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPiA6QrveI&feature=fvw

AAR race celica. The body design may give you some ideas.
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/02 ... ica-s.aspx

Other random modified images:
155st1625yj.jpg

Not a 165, but I saw this car and person and this kit looks pretty good.
1988toyotacelicaconvertiblemod.jpg

1988toyotacelicaconvertiblemod1.jpg

185 Vent on a 165.
pict05317ys.jpg

Other vents
car19.3.jpeg

car19.2.jpeg

fd192nv.jpg

honmonji16ke.jpg

ericsgt40091sy7gx.png

toayoztan

Could anyone photoshop an impreza 2.5RS scoop ("GC8" version) onto a 165? Or perhaps one from a subaru outback for a more subtle approach. I think the boxy vent fits the contour of the 165 better. I honestly don't like the CS or 185 vent on the 165, it just looks out of place.

If you want a vent, i think an evo style vent would fit better than a CS fit...again, the contours line up better.

Bryan

mike325ci

wow, that widebody one looks great!!! (we can't do the center exit exhaust on our cars b/c of the gas tank; nor do i care much for that look)

i actually like the ST165 body look as-is. it's just well done and beautiful. i wouldn't really touch it. with rally lights up in front, they look awesome too (a few people here have done that).

although functionally, something should be done about the hood, i suppose, to manage the heat.

here's another one (though the opening is so small, i doubt it's very effective):
IMG_9868.jpg

cut out on the front side, not the prettiest, but probably effective:
Toyota_Celica_GT-Four_ST165.jpg

a few more:
897474501_7d9b9b899f.jpg

Tarmac_St165

I plan on picking up an extra hood from the junkyard and making some kind of drop vent. Hopefully i can get it to squeez right in between the turbo and rad, that way the fans will push the air right out and it will also make a barrier between the turbo and radiator to help with heat soak. My other idea was an evo style hood vent because its pretty sware like the 165 body. I dont really like the way 185 vents look due to how curvey they are.

Tarmac_St165

For some reason I dont really like that kit. The stock body is pretty nice loking for me. I was just looking for maybe a front lip. The zenki lip from a 240sx fits pretty well. Then I thought about it and it will probably jsut get torn off anyway so meh.

Does anyone make those small square rally mirrors for 165's? if not I think im going to buy some for anything car and just make a costum back plate and make them fit :twisted:

ToySlider

I think the stock body with rally fogs and some mudflaps is perfect or maybe the stock body minus the factory kit like on the cars above from japan with fogs and flaps.

But if i was to ever put a bodykit on my AT it would only be the the old PosterT kit. Ever since i saw this kit like forverer ago I have wanted it but its not made anymore and no one repops it AFAIK. :(

t16postert5.jpg

t16postert6.jpg

bazza2541

I stripped the side mouldings, fitted JUN style arches and modified the boot-lid spoiler in a duckbill.
Once I get some ET-30 revolutions on it, I'll be sorted.

Mafix

that is a damn good pic. hopefully with the new diff i'll stop spinning so much and pass you earlier so you won't have to wait at all.