n00b *might* be interested in a really fast alltrac

sirscrtm

Ok, Im more of a MR2 guy in part because they are a lot easier to find. My bro has convinced me to go with a 90-93 alltrac if I do buy one.

Problem is your for sale section almost never has anything Id be interested in, in part cuz the car is so rare. Im looking for a 10 second 3sgte powered car, I dont care what it is and if it has a roll cage already installed so I can run it at my local track, all the better.

I keep waiting for something like that to pop up on here but I NEVER see it.

I *had* a BPU everything short of fuel injectors and ecu, 3rd gen 3s MR2 that ran right for all of one week in the 8 months the ST205 motor I swapped in before it died of rodknock (hence my 3rd gen 3sgte part out thread) It was the fastest car Id ever had built for me, unfortunately it didnt run right long enough for me to take it to the track. I was aiming for 11's at the time, the fastest Ive ever gone is 14.2 in a BPU 2nd gen 3sgte MR2 14.29@94mph still on its cursed stock IC that was heatsoaked and ran slower and slower times throughout the day.

Right now I got the parts to make a really fast MR2, or alltrac, but I just cant seem to find the right platform. Anyone got a caged 10 second Alltrac/MR2 they might be willing to let go of down the road?

Until then, Im gonna keep buying and selling car parts til I get enough money to buy something that runs a decent quartermile time in my eyes, and can hold its own in track and autox as well.

Until that day, I putt around in a gay, stock, Mazda miata while I part out what was spose to be an 11 second MR2 Turbo.

If I pick up another stock 2nd gen car, Im slapping on a methanol kit, running 100% methanol, and a good cheap ebay turbokit to run hopefully as much as 363 whp on stock everything like Jose Rosario did, I want mid-low 11's out of a 3sgte at the minimum dammit! If it blows, who cares! I got a mechanic who works for slave wages.

lumbercis

If you want something like that you will have to build it. Unless one of the two or three guys that have run 10 seconds decide to let theirs go. :evil:

An MR2 would be a better overall drag platform.

Only buy an alltrac if you really love them and nothing else will do.

monkey8oi

i think anyone who's put all the time n effort into building their 10 sec alltrac isn't going to want to just let it go that easily either.. i know i wouldn't..

gt4tified

monkey8oi":3nz9b7te said:
i think anyone who's put all the time n effort into building their 10 sec alltrac isn't going to want to just let it go that easily either.. i know i wouldn't..

Everything has a price. :wink:

monkey8oi

gt4tified":1qldqm4y said:
monkey8oi":1qldqm4y said:

lol... that is true..

Sifu

gt4tified":2sazsr0y said:
monkey8oi":2sazsr0y said:

No doubt. Everything does have a price. :lol: :D

10sec. may be pushing it but I'm pretty positive if I get back to her she would easily be a low 11sec car. I should know since I got Trevor's FMIC setup and his gt35r...

CMS-GT4

You have a better chance of buying an alltrac then buying a motor already built that can do 10s. I have seen some heavily built engines go up for sale. Based on cost of these engines I would expect to pay 7-10k for just the engine. You will still likely need a clutch, and possible the setups will not even come with a turbo. I guess a decent 10 second setup would cost a decent bit, so I would not suspect one of these cars to sell for less than 15k, and even that would be an unheard of bargain.

ct27gt

Getting a 3300lb awd car that has only 4 cylinders to work with in the 10s ain't easy. That's probably why there are only 2.

RedCelicaTRD

That and the fact there are only about 1600 in the US. Hell, I see that many DSMs on a daily basis!

Oh, and have fun in the Miata :evil:

RedCelicaTRD

They could trey to sell them at that price, but selling them at that price probably wouldn't happen. As for Trevor's car, if it's ever for sale my girlfriend wants to buy it and we will be first in line :evil:

tw2

I agree with the mr2 platform comment. I have both and the mr2 would be my pick for a track car. Most people here enjoy building their cars just as much if not more than enjoying the end result (no I am not talking about doing maintenance!), not many would sell. I would never sell mine and it doesn't even go.

GT4times2

ct27gt":2ocszry3 said:
Getting a 3300lb awd car that has only 4 cylinders to work with in the 10s ain't easy. That's probably why there are only 2.

Not true. Evos and Subies don't weigh any less than our cars. They still do it. I'm tired of the excuses from people and Alltracs not doing it. Saying it's too expensive is sensible enough, but using weight and the fact that it only has 4 cylinders is a cop out.

CMS-GT4":2ocszry3 said:
Here you go, its a good price too.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37454

Aside from the paint job, it's a good platform to start with.

RedCelicaTRD":2ocszry3 said:
They could trey to sell them at that price, but selling them at that price probably wouldn't happen. As for Trevor's car, if it's ever for sale my girlfriend wants to buy it and we will be first in line :evil:

A few years ago, Pat got an offer of $50k for his, and didn't let it go.

gearhead313":2ocszry3 said:
be a man and build one.

I second that. There are plenty of stock ST165s and ST185s that could use some love. There are plenty to go around. Map out what you want, and get it going.