May 1st SPRING Time Meet Sonic/ Pagoda/ Maple Grove Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegacyofDan

When: May 1st

Where: Pagoda Reading PA
Here is an idea where we would be going.
IMG_0890-1.jpg

PagodaReading.jpg

1352610909_7674f06651.jpg

It even has nice hill climb roads up to the summit of the pagoda mountain:
untitled2-1.jpg

dont believe me? it has been used by SCCA before as a hillclimb mountain:
http://www.bmr-scca.org/TimeTrialsHillc ... fault.aspx
It is great for pictures, has about 3-4 great spots!

Where We will Meet Eat and Greet:
SONIC
Location: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sourc ... 27874&z=16

Time Frame:
1:00-2:00 pm meet up at 1 and we will hang out at there for about an hour or so, get food chill etc.
2:00-4:00 pm head up to the pagoda for pictures etc.
of which here are these directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-75.874024&sspn=0.20126,0.445976&ie=UTF8&z=14

BUT...i plan on taking an alternate path, to hit up some good ol's back road fun, i just gotta sit down and do some planning and stuff on which back roads would be the most fun. lol

Also i was talking to some locals and the said there is a lake near by:
untitled-8.jpg

3:30/4 till whenever pmThen after we are done taking pics, we will head up to Maple Grove Raceway and watch the Saturday Night Grudge racing/TNT

http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/blog/

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...0.24704,-75.920334&spn=0.201513,0.445976&z=12

its a bit of a drive but not too bad.
and again we will likely take a different course to get there, since Google maps sorta sucks, but that link at least gives you an idea.

typically costs 10 bucks a head to get into Maple Grove.

I know we just had a local meet, but i figure it would be a good idea to have one right before the Rally America Meet(viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37206) that way we can help out anyone that may need helping out. As in avoid having to ship parts or just get advice in person, of which is generally more helpful than just reading what someone typed, that way you can ask more questions.
Plus alot of us will probably have our 'tracs up and going by then, since it will be warmer and will have more desire to get stuff done.
Also its always nice to just hang and chill with some cool gear heads and just bs or laugh at 20 psi volvo's or turbo'ed mustangs (both inside jokes from last meet).
Regardless though, should prove to be a fun time with a lot of great pictures for your computer's desktop!
Hopefully we can get more people than we got last time! Lets try and see some more 5th gen's!

wakkjobb

Shut up, you're making me miss my 165... plus I'll be in PA for June, we'll have to get some Yuengling!

>>Dan

mike325ci

I don't know either location or the areas, so whatever you think will yield a nice drive and photo ops... :)

As for the date, I really can't plan that far in advance... So for now, no preference. I'll know better as the time gets closer... :)

LegacyofDan

haha well this thread has yeilded very little interest, idk if it is the fact that i am making people pick and choose or if no one is interested at all. lol.

and muhahaha dan! 165 probably is crying out missing ya, the kid probably has ruined all your hard efforts :p

when in june dude? you should come to the Rally America Meet!

88gt4DE

Sorry man ... recall central at work today and work both jobs tue and wed .... I will read up later ... def want to attend ... my vote is for May 1-2 by the way ....

LegacyofDan

haha alright i will just pick the pagoda and May 1st. and if someone wants the 2nd instead, and if it works for everyone else then it will be the 2nd.

LegacyofDan

There ya go guys, that should prove to be an adventure! :)

i just need to plan out the route specifically so that we are not stuck on boring city roads in traffic and getting separated.

Good Plan guys? :shrug: :D

97JZA80

Wicked Toys":37pfam1i said:
Might be starting a new job soon, so if schedule allows. I'm game.
Congrats.

Dan very cool, thanks for all the research you are doing and route planning. Looks like a cool meet. I dont know if I will be able to make it, we'll see.

LegacyofDan

Wicked Toys":31sq49de said:
Might be starting a new job soon, so if schedule allows. I'm game.

Congrats bro! Thats good to hear man! :)

Well its a on weekend should it be good, but there is always May 2nd too. We still have like 3 months until this. So we can always play around with the time.

97JZA80":31sq49de said:
Dan very cool, thanks for all the research you are doing and route planning. Looks like a cool meet. I dont know if I will be able to make it, we'll see.

Well hopefully you can, figure it would be good to have everyone together and help plan out the big meet at Rally America, and also just check out everyone's tracs and help each other prepare to make the drive to Rally America. Plus, trying to make this meet result in alot of great photos and good times too.

Mafix":31sq49de said:
um...yeah. so i'll say whatever you guys plan i'll do my best to get to!

HaHa well hopefully you can make it dude, we will be going to a drag strip so maybe you can show up some of the local rice. :)

esracing

Ahh pagoda nice .yeah I'm thinkng on going to the dragon also.also I think its too close to the big meet I think we should just wait for the rally. Just my 2 cents.

LegacyofDan

oh well....seems like alot of people wont make it, its all good. Probably will end up re-scheduling it for later on in the year then :)...make it a fall meet or something, like right when the leaves start to change color. looks awesome up there!

Mafix

way to let me in on that! lol. fair enough.
BTW you get my roll cage out yet?

also side question: what size is the fill plug on the trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.