Possible record-breaking run: 9.328

lumbercis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKwt3Q1l ... re=related

"Barbaris" Celica from Greece. Of course, there's no timing board and they didn't show a slip. But I think it's plausible. There are tons of vids of this car doing quarter mile runs. So it obviously isn't some out of nowhere thing.

Hopefully some of our European members know of the car or have more info?

If it's legit... :notworthy:

Edit: Little more info http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=69608&hl=

Google Translate article from a Greek tuning mag http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 3Fid%3D200

lumbercis

Wonder what Pat thinks of this? I kind of want to link it in his thread, but he'd probably think I was being an asshole :evil:

Not that the two cars are exactly comparable. I'd still consider Pat's car essentially a street car. He still has a lot of stock equipment, big brakes etc. This car is a much more dedicated track beast.

Anyway, I've had a suspicion for a while now that Pat has a few sub-10 second slips laying around for a special occasion. Maybe this will inspire him to dig one out. :D

WarTowels

lumbercis":33u524bu said:
Anyway, I've had a suspicion for a while now that Pat has a few sub-9 second slips laying around for a special occasion. Maybe this will inspire him to dig one out. :D

SUB 9?

Meaning an 8 second quarter mile...?

Last I checked he was in the 10's, that he posted.

Taking two seconds off would rather amazing...

-Towels

GT4times2

lumbercis":2gdskzj2 said:
Wonder what Pat thinks of this? I kind of want to link it in his thread, but he'd probably think I was being an asshole :evil:

Why would he think that? Pat's a cool guy. And competition is good for the Alltrac/GT-Four circle. We're a relatively small community, but also a very complacent one. We're content with OZ wheels, and RC parts as major mods. :?

Not that the two cars are exactly comparable. I'd still consider Pat's car essentially a street car. He still has a lot of stock equipment, big brakes etc. This car is a much more dedicated track beast.

I'm curious about Barbaris' gearbox. I think Pat's fear is shattering the gearbox. I say drive it like he stole it, damn it! :lol:

Anyway, I've had a suspicion for a while now that Pat has a few sub-10 second slips laying around for a special occasion. Maybe this will inspire him to dig one out. :D

More like inspire all of us to get our tails off our couches and do something too. We're mostly spectators, watching Pat and the few fast ones running. It's time we all joined in and have some fun. (I know I am).

LegacyofDan

GT4times2":zhgfm7kr said:
More like inspire all of us to get our tails off our couches and do something too. We're mostly spectators, watching Pat and the few fast ones running. It's time we all joined in and have some fun. (I know I am).

I do all i can afford/have time to do/know how to do... :( ....with more money and know how i would love to join in on the fun...but for some of us we will never get that chance(money). But we can still day dream :wink:

CMS-GT4

I am surprised how little response this thread has gotten. Someone should invite this guy over here. I am sure everyone is interested in his car. Even if his car is faster, Pat still holds the fastest stock gearbox record. LoL, now I sound like I am from the Supra forums.

Landon

yeah someone get the guy over here! damn i feel sorry for whoever this guy was racing. lol. they got so schooled. haha.
i agree with dan. i do as much as i can with the money/time i have. (hence my sig) i always dream of having parts just waiting to be put on. but school and life can be expensive. very very nice car though.

Mafix

i keep breaking my celica. if i ever get things working right, tuned, and manage to get traction it will be pretty damn epic. not as epic as trevor or pat or this guy.

GT4times2

Just looking for mid 11s this year in my ST185.

After that, I think I'll rest on my laurels for a bit, until everyone on this forum joins me. :p

db

GT4times2":23wrkycd said:
After that, I think I'll rest on my laurels for a bit, until everyone on this forum joins me. :p

Had my car ten years and still don't have an exhaust system on the sucker. You might not want to wait on your laurels too much, as they might get sore waiting for me to catch up...

GT4times2

db":2zvxqthb said:
GT4times2":2zvxqthb said:

Had my car ten years and still don't have an exhaust system on the sucker. You might not want to wait on your laurels too much, as they might get sore waiting for me to catch up...

LOL.... :lol: I guess I'll keep going, then retire the car, and put it back to stock, if that's the case. :)

You're confusing me Dave, :p