Me Racing The Celica Alltrac (Auto-X)

2_Liter_Turbo

Well, I competed in the Spring Enduro Auto-X Event up in White City, OR (Medford area). Had a blast, except that my Celica's turbo went out earlier that day (built about 1 psi per 1000rpm), so I didn't have the power that I should have, lol. The video is of a practice run I did the day before the race itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5xwVOGs49A

mike325ci

wow, that's a fast "autox" -- more like a solo I / time trials it looks like (there were no slaloms)... that's crazy... but looks really fun~

mike325ci

Locker":2lt1w2qi said:
goddam you southern boys! I don't get to race for another 2 months

what? southern?? LOL. oregon is not considered "south" to us americans. but i guess to canadians, anything south of our borders is south to you, hahaha...

our season is just starting now... i can't wait to take the celica out for some autocross action finally!! and to get back on the track with the lotus-- btw, i am coming up your way in july for the huge annual Ontario MR2 meet-- you going to be there? full track day at shannonville (full track) and autocross at Picton Airport... i go every year, it's a GREAT meet. http://www.ontariomr2club.com/CMR2E/CMR2E.htm (normally see only one alltrac, if that...)

Locker

I might just plan to be there! I'm pretty sure they partner up with St Lac (local car club) that my brother is a part of and he lives quite close to Shannonville and it looks like its worth the trip

mike325ci

Locker":1lgml5i5 said:
I might just plan to be there! I'm pretty sure they partner up with St Lac (local car club) that my brother is a part of and he lives quite close to Shannonville and it looks like its worth the trip

Yep, St. Lac puts together and runs the autocross event at Picton Airport. They run a smooth event. I have known Rob Brunner through these meets and he's a great guy... :)

2_Liter_Turbo

mike325ci":vq7iwbvc said:
wow, that's a fast "autox" -- more like a solo I / time trials it looks like (there were no slaloms)... that's crazy... but looks really fun~

Yeah it was the first time on the "Kart Track". I've always done the cone/parking lot style auto-x, so this was new to me! It was super fun (minus the lack of power I had, lol)!

Locker

mike325ci":3p0qzulw said:
Locker":3p0qzulw said:

Yep, St. Lac puts together and runs the autocross event at Picton Airport. They run a smooth event. I have known Rob Brunner through these meets and he's a great guy... :)

Small world!!!!
I actually bought Rob's old C4 Calipers off him in the fall. He sold the vette btw and is now rockin an m3