Ice Racing in Thunder Bay Autosports Club

dkpain

Sweet info.
Shorter and bigger is better eh? So out the side behind the door would be best then. The rules state just behind the driver is allowed. Therefore I think just dump down directly behind driver seat would be shortest. that's what i did over the last season. You just have the door open in the lineup.
Do you have a good picture of how I should do the intake side? What exactly do i need for it? there's gotta be a thread on that I'll search it.
What about the clunk in the rear of the car when downshifting. Rear diff mount? I looked and nothing looked cracked or anything. I remember seeing something about welding a plate to everything back there to make it solid mounted.? Any good? at all? When I do the clutch should I get some weight shaved off the stock flywheel?
Also, what about gauges? what should I be thinking about for engine monitoring and management?
I could ask questions all day.

gt4tified

Firstly, you had asked earlier on about keeping the stock heatshield. This helps in two ways. Firstly, the turbocharger works based on expelled hot gases, so keeping the heat in keeps your spool time down to as low as possible and keeps the turbo nice and warm as it should be. Second is that the heat shield does as the name implies, it shields the surrounding areas such as hood, intercooler and radiator from the immensely radiated heat.

I agree that for any sort of endurance/lap type race with an alltrac, upgrading the oil cooling system will be a very good idea, and its not an expensive mod, relatively speaking. I think you should also consider another turbo, perhaps a ct20b (circa $500 used) or a nice GT series like the disco potato or the GT2871R, once your budget allows. The CT20b is a bolt on upgrade though (hence why I like it) which requires nothing else to be changed.

As far as clutch goes, it depends on how much torque you are or will be putting down. I use an Exedy Stage 2 and it has never let me down...never! The stock flywheel cannot be lightened much; its better to go with an aftermarket lightweight flywheel.

For gauges, fluid temperatures (oil, water) are very important for what you are doing, as well as a pyrometer. After that, oil pressure and a wideband are good options.

These are all just my opinions, and others may say differently, so at the end of the day, do your research as you've been doing and make your choices based on that. It seems that you're already under proper advisement so that's good. Good luck with the rest of your races!