short shifter?

jonnyboygt4

I was reading that a corolla short shifter would work on a st185? but which year corolla ? my gt four is RHD and im told the corolla shifter is already tilted towards the right slightly ....

Gary ST165

or a gen6 or gen7 celica shifter can be modified for use, as they are also a shorter throw than the gen5 celica

tubasteve

check it out, how much is cheap? goto youtube, im a little out of it to look, find the guy who did the "cheap" ebay buy......i install ebay crap all day and 50% of them fail. my fav. is when they come back snapped off.

jonnyboygt4

ok...lol i see what your saying...but what I wanted was an ebay one so i could work off of that to beef it up....just dont want to remove mine and hack it up to turn it into a short shifter...plus for like 30 bucks if it snaps....oh well you know....lol..

so for the corolla short shifters which year corollas do i look for?

Gary ST165

jonnyboygt4":gq69a0yr said:
I was reading that a corolla short shifter would work on a st185? but which year corolla ? my gt four is RHD and im told the corolla shifter is already tilted towards the right slightly ....

jonnyboygt4":gq69a0yr said:
so for the corolla short shifters which year corollas do i look for?

no idea. not something i have read, but it sounds a possibility.
where did you read that? maybe that is also where you can find the answer.

6th gen shifter ftw. cheap as chips here in the UK

CMS-GT4

I have an ae92 shortshifter in my car. Got it on ebay for cheap. Its lasted me well over 5 years.

Andy

This is the short shifter which came in my 165, probably from a corolla, no idea which gen . Not exactly a stock swap, someone made an adapter for for it. Works great, short/tight throw. I've been quite happy with it.

Andy

jonnyboygt4

does anyone have an exact link to a cheap shortshifter that would work in the st185 without any modifications....? or if you have one pm me...

Xiansheng

On my 91 RC, the shifter is all screwed up, anybody have any good suggestions, It's too long, and the shifter knob is comin off... I'm gonna go rip the whole assembly apart and see what's up with it all inside and out(just bought car), but wondering if anyone has any good suggestion to modifiy it or good kit to buy?

Thanks tons anyone who has any suggestions.. or maybe point me to the right thread.. im lookin.. but im new around here... I wanna change everything I can that screwed up on this RC i just bought, It has wicked solid body, very strong good engine and tranny, but it's pretty rough suspension wise, brakes, and the shifter sucks.. especially being new to RHD, the shifter is so long and garbage for me.. wanna do something with it right away.
(to take advantage of the RC short throw, ya know..)

Xiansheng

sorry for double post... I found TWN shifters, Is that what I should be looking at for the 91 RC ?
(I read I should be asking for 92-93 parts for a '91 RC ? sound right to you guys?)