IFO capitol raceway 7-11-10

Mafix

there is a build your own class and i think it would be fun to do a celica only class. we only need 4 cars to make this happen but the more the marrier. i'll set it all up so no worries there.
list your self if you are 100% game. NO backouts on this one because it will eliminate the class for all of us.

1. mafix

Mafix

YOUR OWN CLASS

CLASS DESCRIPTION
Have a group of 4 or more racers that want to compete exclusively with each other? Racers are welcome to create their own class at any Import Face-Off. 100% of the entry fees will be paid back to winner(s). Contact IFO at 225-247-7223 to have your own class made! Example of added classes at previous events: Hot Rod, D-Series, VW Pro Stock, Domestic Street, etc.

lumbercis

I like the initiative!

My car is currently under the knife, and I've never actually driven down a drag strip in my life, so I can't commit right now. But once the car is in a few less pieces I'll be there with you.

My only worry is that, while I would LOVE to see more celicas in the FWD and AWD classes, I'd hate to see a celicas only class with a bunch of beat up 15 sec cars in it. To me the reason to do it would be to draw attention to celicas as a viable drag platform. Lets face it, celica's already have a reputation as slow pieces of !@#$ for the most part. I'd rather not reinforce that image.

But hey, maybe something like this is the kick in the pants then celica owners need to get their cars to the track.

Have you posted on celicatech, newcelica, and 6th gen celica?

J.

Mafix

eric and i both have very fast celicas. both working on breaking the 13.00 area. hopefully at the end of the week one of us will. (i'm doing a TT this sunday weather pending)
and of course i have not posted on the other sites.