E152F Rally Gearbox

vip09

I have one. I hear that these are extremely rare. I've only seen one other E152F in the states. Something is broken in it. I can't really get it into any of the gears. I've been thinking about getting it rebuilt if someone would be interested in buying it. Anyone interested in this?

ratios.jpg

I would have posted this in the FS section, but rules say that I have to be selling it and have a price posted.

CMS-GT4

The thing that keeps me from wanting to try and buy it is I will want to make a 5th gear for it that is more like the standard 4th gear.

vip09

It would be almost perfect like that. I only got up to 85mph in 4th gear with this transmission. I think the regular 4th gear will get you to the 120mph neighborhood. It would make a great 5th gear on this trans.

CMS-GT4

I would not consider it trash, but unless someone plans on trying to make a setup for their race car, the box is pretty much good for someone to tinker with. I was running ratio numbers earlier today that would make me consider keeping my 3.9 fd with ratios like that just cause it would be more streetable.

LegacyofDan

i wouldn't throw it out...and if you do decide to throw it out, i am CONFIDENT that someone will pay for just shipping it.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, if your going to throw it out, I would pay for shipping just so I could take it apart and catalog the bit inside.

EDIT:
Did you ever figure out what you broke in it?

vip09

I'm pretty sure it was a shift fork, because everything worked PERFECT.. no grinds or anything before it got stuck in gears and shift feeling became really vague.

vip09

UPDATE:

I got this transmission taken apart last night. There were NO broken parts inside. The only items that appeared to have wear were the shift forks and 5th gear synchro had slight wear. The other synchros looked almost new. None of the gears looked like they had any wear.

I'm wondering if I might have had an issue with my shift cables instead.

CMS-GT4

I wish I knew more to help you. Your holding a small piece of gtfour history there. I need to see if I can dig up production numbers of the rally model.

I had one of those, sold it....the ratios were just too short when making over 200hp.
The forks looks fine....its either your motor mounts or the cables....put it back together...

CMS-GT4

lumbercis":ewwxd3vy said:
What car did the E152F originally come in?

Light Weight Rally model of the st185. Hyper Rev has it listed as an 89 and 91 model for production. Its listed as 1360kg or 2998lbs.

vip09

Thanks for taking a look Pat.

I'll get this put back together soon and have it up for sale since I no longer have an Alltrac.

CMS-GT4

Honestly you might have a better chance selling it apart. Most likely someone who buys it is going to want to get a 5th gear made, so they will need to take it apart anyhow.

vip09

Well 5th gear takes all of like 15 minutes to change out, so no big deal. I'll leave that up to whoever decides to buy it.

smog7

CMS-GT4":35xcy80k said:
lumbercis":35xcy80k said:

Light Weight Rally model of the st185. Hyper Rev has it listed as an 89 and 91 model for production. Its listed as 1360kg or 2998lbs.

any info on the light weight rally model? I am interested as to what they did to get the weight down below 3000lbs.

CMS-GT4

smog7":22a7fi53 said:
CMS-GT4":22a7fi53 said:
lumbercis":22a7fi53 said:

any info on the light weight rally model? I am interested as to what they did to get the weight down below 3000lbs.

Essentially no options. Narrow body, no power anything, and I think even no radio. If you start skimping on the luxury options in an alltrac its not hard to get the weight down. I am not sure if they had an A/C system.