Grand Turismo - Aussie ST185 - track day found the weakness

MWP

How about this Friday, the 18th??
Im busy on the 25th, ill be at RallySA (and all weekend if anyone wants to catch up there).

[edit]
Just got a SMS back from Kane... he is in :D
For you guys that dont know Kane and his GT4; he has a red 185 with ~200kw atw.

aus jd 2703

if any u guys come to qld or know some gt4 owners up here let me know, i should have mine back together soon and wanna go for a cruise, sorry but sa is a lil far at this stage :D

redGT4

aus jd 2703":aq69yacw said:
if any u guys come to qld or know some gt4 owners up here let me know, i should have mine back together soon and wanna go for a cruise, sorry but sa is a lil far at this stage :D

We should all cruise up to your place and crash the night. Cross country cruise top gear style. :D

redGT4

Great cruise last night fellas. Good to catch up. But that fog was killer. Once we left the bus stop at piggot range road i had no idea where we went until we got close to blackwood. Fuck they looked good parked together though.

I'm definitely the slowest car out of the bunch but at least it was shiny!

MWP

Yeah, was great to meet you guys finally.

I love a good hills cruise (if you didnt notice :p), so the fog was quite annoying.
Still, it was a good few hours out on the road, and chatting.

Ill get the photos up soonish...

redGT4

Found a sweet new road. Well its more like a short tarmac special stage. Ends at a junction of four dirt roads, which matt didn't want to take his grpA on. The bad news is this a midday only cruise site. Why? Its near Mt Magnificent known for its Western Grey 'roos.

What else? Developed an oil leak from somewhere at the back of the motor. Chipped the f**king paint as well, a large flake from the edge of the fender/drivers door. Time to start doing some maintenance before the track day.

aus jd 2703

redGT4":3n1ysxxl said:
aus jd 2703":3n1ysxxl said:

We should all cruise up to your place and crash the night. Cross country cruise top gear style. :D
hey my gt four is running...
just starting to put the interior and finishing touches then i gotta register it. as soon as its on the road you guys are more then welcome :D
i wanna take it to melbourne this year but doubful as i need to trouble shoot and make sure its reliable first

redGT4

Nice - i've always driven the Jupiter Creek side of Mt Bold, Razorback road. The road i'd mentioned was just south of it on the map. The turn off is on the adelaide - goolwa road, just south of meadows is mcharg creek, just zoom in on the map there, you'll see five roads join together.

I cant wait for my long service leave - all of september off work! Yay! I'll be hitting a few of these peninsula roads up.

MWP

You need to look at the Classic Adelaide and Adelaide Hills Tarmac Rally stage maps :)
These are all roads that have been used in these rallies over the years.

I run CCCSA cruises along these roads/stages quite often.

redGT4

Well having not driven her for a couple of weeks led to a flat battery, then i went to charge it and boom! battery charger literally goes up in smoke! So after breaking out the older charger yesterday i managed to go for a run today. What a run it was - i managed to go 240kph in 2 gear - while off the throttle! Yes. The friggin speedo is playing up - bounced around from 100 to off the dial for a while. then i parked, turned off the car and restarted - went back to normal. :shrug: A few ticks and rattles and whines appeared every now and then as well.

So i am having September as long service leave - which i have planned for some quality celica time. My plan:

Oil leaks - identify and stop the oil leak from intake mani side of engine and DD's oil leaks as well.
Battery to boot -
Custom din fascia - fibreglass time :)
Tune / compression test - I want to hit Mallala track with 15psi;
Steam clean interior - With electric adjustable seat i'm worried about moisture f**kn the seat up - something to look into.
Change the aerial to a short rubber one.
Some other shit....

I stumbled upon http://www.carmate.com/display_products_cat.php?carMake=toyota&carModel=Celica&year=1990-1994 for celica bodykits & carbon bonnets. But of course they dont have CS bumpers :(. I did like the first front bar "C Style". needs more pics of it though.

redGT4

Battery must be losing like 1 volt a day. This morning it was 11.5v, just not enough to start the car :(. I suspect it may be my wiring of the relay. Thats todays mission, to chase this leak. Charged it for 10 min then went for a nice blast in the hills this morning around 10am - Through Clarendon, blackwood, happy valley and back to old reynella. Very little traffic so i could blast through the corners. My double clutching is improving as well.

And don't you just hate when you go past a cop, then next thing you know they've done a u-turn and close up on your arse. The benefits of a clean stock car and a clean license always shines through at those moments.

MWP

Battery drain issues like that can be a bastard to find :(
Got a multimeter you can check current draw with?
Sure its not just a dead battery?

Double clutching? What for?
Or do you mean heal-toe?

MWP

Pedals are set out quite nicely to do it in mine... not that ive ever tried though, haven't had a need to yet.
If i do a few laps around Mallala one day, maybe then ill give it a try.

redGT4

Yeah, double clutching, my gearbox is a bit clunky - in fact i've driven a tractor with better shift feel. Double clutching just removes the nastiness during 2 -> 3 and 3-> 4. It takes a bit of practice to get it going, but once in the groove it's all good. I would recommend double clutching all the time actually - it was used before syncros and helical gears to reduce stress on transmissions - it reduces the stress on mine when shifting thats for sure. I'd like an experienced opinion on the gearbox as well....

As for heel and toe - too difficult with my size 12's. I've done left foot braking waaaaayyy back, It was like i had never used brakes before thats how bad my brain to left foot connection was!