Pics of my Sirius/Kenwood H2A install

SLC Punk

Here are some install pics of my H2A. I took out the ash tray (since I didn't use it) and it fits perfectly with a little bit of trimming!
131-3128_IMG.jpg

siri.jpg

RIalltrac

sirius thats the satellite radio right? How do you find it to be? I absolutely hate normal radio, its full of b/s music as far as I'm concerned. Will they work with any type of deck? I have a blaupunkt deck, I like it but from what I understand there is no corresponding satellite receiver.

thkohlb

i have sirius in my all trac and i love it, can't live without it. espeically with kenwood running the free tuners.....

SLC Punk

RIalltrac":1e4x75pr said:
sirius thats the satellite radio right? How do you find it to be? I absolutely hate normal radio, its full of b/s music as far as I'm concerned. Will they work with any type of deck? I have a blaupunkt deck, I like it but from what I understand there is no corresponding satellite receiver.
Yep its satellite radio. I love it, I bought my first Sirius setup for my 4Runner and a month later, I bought it for my Celica. I hate all the commericals on FM, so that was my main reason for switching.

It will work with any deck. The best sound will be from a deck that has AUX inputs. With that setup you will get sound that is as good as a cd. The next best is a wired FM modulator. This uses a box that "T's" into the antenna and uses the antenna as a wired input. From there, the cassette adapter and then the wireless FM modulator.

The setup in my 4Runner has a receiver under my seat and is controlled by the display. This setup is fixed.
Siriusx.jpg

The "here to anywhere" setup I have in the Celica is a Plug in play unit. It has a built in wireless FM modulator, but I didn't like the sound quality. I ended up buying a wired FM modulator for $20 and the sound is now perfect. The unit has a cradle and you can take the unit out and use it in other cars, boats or home. I have a cradle in my boat, so I get Satellite radio on the lake..

8)

Here is a good message forum that deals with Sirius.
http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/