Anybody working on their car this weekend? DC/MD/NoVA

lumbercis

And wants to get together? I need to change my oil and take a look at a few residual issues related to my just completed Caldina swap. I could do it at my new apartment but Im not sure how much of a dim view my neighbors will take of seeing a rusty old car up on jackstands in their nice enclosed parking area.

If you know anything about speed sensors or wiring in general, and/or idle issues on gen3/4s so much the better.

Of course im willing to help out with whatever you've got going on.

Although its been rainy forecast looks good for Saturday.

LMK
J

lumbercis

Yeah, I'm planning on being at the meet. But my car is fucking embarrassing right now. :p It runs great with the new swap, but the flex section on the stock exhaust is rusted out so I have a nice gurgling exhaust leak. Not to mention the rust behind the rear wheel wells.

Would it be ghetto to get a new exhaust before getting the rust fixed? :doh:

J.

88gt4DE

lumbercis":1odohpln said:
Yeah, I'm planning on being at the meet. But my car is fucking embarrassing right now. :p It runs great with the new swap, but the flex section on the stock exhaust is rusted out so I have a nice gurgling exhaust leak. Not to mention the rust behind the rear wheel wells.

Would it be ghetto to get a new exhaust before getting the rust fixed? :doh:

J.

you can only do so much at a time man ... road worthy and lets see her there 8)

lumbercis

I know. It just hurts my soul to drive around in a car like this.

It it weird to claybar a car with rusted quarter panels? :twisted:

J.

97JZA80

lumbercis":3hs715kp said:

J.

I can relate to that. And yes it is...you can't polish a turd. :rofl:

Lamont

97JZA80":3ubkupjr said:
lumbercis":3ubkupjr said:

J.

I can relate to that. And yes it is...you can't polish a turd. :rofl:

My soul hurts too lumbercis :cry: :cry: :cry: , I may even bring a tarp for my car so it doesn't ruin group photos :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BlackoutST165

Anybody live in Northern VA? I could use some help with the swap I'm working on...

I have a 1988 All Trac with a ST185 motor in it and I'm having issues on the wiring. Im using the guide that dude put together but some of the directions are just over my head right now... :bangshead:

I have almost all of the required materials and would be willing to meet up at some point but I think I need somebody to point me in the right direction.

lumbercis

I'd be happy to help out with the labor, but I'm completely clueless about wiring. Any wiring gurus out there? Maybe we can make it a mini-meet to help our boy out with his swap? :smokes:

J.

88gt4DE

lumbercis":2fwxwyqx said:
I'd be happy to help out with the labor, but I'm completely clueless about wiring. Any wiring gurus out there? Maybe we can make it a mini-meet to help our boy out with his swap? :smokes:

J.

Would love to , problem is always time these days .... :doh:

lumbercis

Haha, you're off the hook Rob. Two and half hours drive is a bit much to ask. This local crew needs to step up though. :p