Project CMS

alltracshoak

awesome..i have relatives that live at crescent city near eureka. oh yeah i havent been by los gatos before but im sure it'll be about 30 mins away from sf maybe..have a nice stay here in cali. the weather is good right now too :D

CMS-GT4

alltracshoak":279ziqt4 said:
awesome..i have relatives that live at crescent city near eureka. oh yeah i havent been by los gatos before but im sure it'll be about 30 mins away from sf maybe..have a nice stay here in cali. the weather is good right now too :D

Dude, its fricken cold here. I came from near 100 degrees to your high of low 60s. It took us about 10 hours to get from SF to here, but we did stop a lot. We hiked some too. Its supposed to be about 6.5 hours per google maps.

We are supposed to head back tomorrow nigh to SFt, then Saturday I am going to hit the toy convention before we go vistit my wife's friends. Then sunday, we will check out late and kill time after wards in china town till its time to go to the airport.

alltracshoak

wish i can stp by and give you a warm welcome by the bay but saturday ill be off on a charter boat fishing all day somewhere out by the pacific there in sf. have a nice stay. here i. the central valley its nice weather.

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":2s39u6je said:
So I am in Cali and all I have to say is screw the Dragon. We found a route that is far more enjoyable and likely less popular.
We are in Eureka now, so we can enjoy the Redwood forest tomorrow. We came up 128W to 101 to the Avenue of Giants then back to 101 to here.
The Dragon is what 12 miles of curves, and 128W is 50 miles of turns of a similar technical value plus much nicer to look at.
We drove a Corolla S. Its not a bad car, but I wish I had either of my cars with me to run there. I'll post pics at some point when I get back.

If you live on the west coast, there is little reason for you to come to TN, when you can run that. There were a couple of small construction bits, but it is a great path for a cruise. Afterward you can hit the redwood or turn back.

Sounds like a lot of fun Josh, looking forward to pictures!

CMS-GT4

Almost forgot, the other thing great about these roads, is that there are pull offs for people to pass... and people actually pull over and let you pass. The dragon has these, but the douches on the bikes and RVs tend not to move out of the way. Also the speed limit is 50mph, which is a challenge in itself to stay at. I guess the road isn't that popular anymore, or maybe because it was a weekday, but as long as it stays an alltrac.net secret those who live near can enjoy it. I am about to hike the redwoods so I will maybe put together some pics tonight when I get back to SF.

CMS-GT4

A few pictures from the trip up to Norther California.
p1030171.jpg

p1030250e.jpg

p1030360.jpg

p1030373iu.jpg

p1030410.jpg

CMS-GT4

Well its the last day here. I'll be by Haight Street in a few, then maybe head downtown for a bit, and then go to China Town after 6. alltracshoak, if you are around those areas hit me up. I'll check the forums every now and then.

alltracshoak

back home yesterday already..after the fishing trip on the charter boat,i didnt feel like staying..2hr boat ride to fishing spot and 2hr back wasnt so fun:(. wont be in the sf area today because i had too much of the sun yesterday.wish i wouldnt feel so bad so i can drop by but i dont feel so good after that 2hr boat ride

CMS-GT4

So working on future plans. I found a deal on some 18x8.5 type-c's. I contacted SSR for some info to make sure they are legit. They might suit the car well.

ssrtypec.jpg

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":26a7g77n said:
So working on future plans. I found a deal on some 18x8.5 type-c's. I contacted SSR for some info to make sure they are legit. They might suit the car well.

ssrtypec.jpg

Are you going to strip the car entirely and get the interior and engine bay painted as well? Come October (or later) I'm stripping it bare, to get every nook and cranny of the car painted the same color. I don't want to leave any hints of it being maroon/burgundy if I change colors.

(I don't really want to spend a weekend stripping a car, but bringing it bare to a body shop is the way I want it done). Will you be doing it the same way?

The wheels look nice. I like the SSRs. What offset are you looking at? Rotas have some decent sizes now for the 5x100 lug patterns. I was hoping they'd have some 17x9 or 9.5 set ups for the D2 wheels.

CMS-GT4

I am looking at 18x8.5 32et. The issue is that SSR does not list this size on their site. So I am trying to make sure they are not KOs.

As for paint, I will likely just do the exterior. Depends on future quotes.

darthripley

^ they could be an older set of rims in an et they no longer offer. :shrug:
do you know how much the rims weigh? that could help in finding out if they are legit or not.

i love those rims & they look very nice on ST185s i think.
if they are gunmetal w/polished lip they would match your car nicely once repainted.

CMS-GT4

I asked him to weigh the wheels for me, so I will be waiting on him to make my decision. Might sell my 050s if I get them. If I do get them, I will not bother with the hub conversion most likely since I will have wheels in 5x100 bolt pattern. So this will determine a lot of what I am doing with my car as far as brakes and such go.

Also been looking into bike solutions as I will be going to the mountains a lot once the car is done.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11315&start=15

EDIT: I need to find a link to download the body and electrical BGB since I will likely not have mine back.

Droptop93

Keep you head up... btw there's a bgb link on ctech I believe, or if I can get my scanner working and figure out how to send it all to you I can.