Bear Mountain 2010 - Oct 16 Sat - NJ/NY border

mike325ci

Well, I guess it's that time of year again...

2010 Bear Mountain / Joe Pearlstein Memorial Drive is set for October 16, 2010 Saturday this year.

We had a good showing of AllTracs last year, so let's top that this year...
I think we are expecting close to 100 MR2s & AllTracs this year :shock:

(Friendly reminder that only MR2s & AllTracs will be allowed on the drive itself-- so if you come with a non-MR2/AT, you must park at the meet spot and catch a ride with someone else who has one: a good way to make new friends :) )

Full info / official website with directions and history, etc. is here: http://www.northeastmr2.com/

I am the point person for the AllTrac crew, so you can direct questions and whatnot to me or post here.

See you in the fall~!

Mafix

hey now i'm allowed to drive! lol.
at any rate. good times but i can't make the meet this year.

Already took the time off from work, so as long as the alltrac isn't being a typical alltrac, I'll be there! I guess that would be a tentative yes. :)

LegacyofDan

I been told by many mannny people that i need to attend this meet cause its so much fun.

so fingers crossed, i should be coming, cant say for sure until the date gets closer, its an alltrac owner thing ;)

mike325ci

Mafix":24yx8eq8 said:
hey now i'm allowed to drive! lol.
at any rate. good times but i can't make the meet this year.

dude, of course you are! sorry you can't make it-- hope to see you again another year...

roll call at MR2OC is up to about 43 cars right now. if you are relatively nearby and want to come on a pre-run of the route, let me know. we are going to do a few of them to scope out the route/roads. the pre-runs are pretty laid back and a much much smaller group and you can bring any car you want (i brought my exige last year and the drive was fun!)

mike325ci

alternate.eago":39hzysg6 said:
Never been to the Bear Mountain Meet, heard it was a absolute blast!

So come on up! :) It's a great event that has come a long way since the early days... If we get enough AllTracs to come, I want to try to get 2 categories (ST165 & ST185) for the Show & Shine competition (instead of the current 1). Prizes get better every year... ;)

We had our record # of AllTracs last year with... 4.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... &id=120852
LOL, I know, compared to this past weekend in MD, that's nothing...

Well, we're up to 56 total cars signed up now~~

BTW, if you're coming from really far away and need a place to crash, I'm offering my family house on Long Island :)

myself in my st185 & a new friend near me in a st165 are definitely planning on making it down to this this year. We live near Binghamton area in NY so it's not to far... so as long as both are mechanically sound, we'll be there, too!

mike325ci

celicasilfee":3b0uvgs3 said:
myself in my st185 & a new friend near me in a st165 are definitely planning on making it down to this this year. We live near Binghamton area in NY so it's not to far... so as long as both are mechanically sound, we'll be there, too!

Sweet~!!! I went to school in Ithaca, which is not too far from you... I don't miss those winters at all, lol... See ya in October!

^ yeah, I'm definitely not looking forward to the cold season this year. The winters here suck. lol. But if we can get to go to this event before snow falls, I'll consider it a good summer. :D

88gt4DE

Im on the fence .. wheel bearings and suspension gets done I'm there for sure ... things where getting a little funny on the return trip from MD meet ... something front end ish going on :roll:

celi_wabbit

mike325ci":o1fr5rsj said:
celi_wabbit":o1fr5rsj said:
I should be there either with my MR2 or if I can get the Alltrac running by then!!!

W00t!!! you're gonna be socialable again now? hehe :p yeah, definitely~~

only if I have the time :D :D :D being married is not easy! :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :rofl:

88gt4DE

Threw on some better used tires and it rides a lot better ... so little more than a maybe at this point ...

mike325ci

97JZA80":3lbb3bg1 said:
Im gonna try, October is busy...Im not doing any major work to the car before then tho...ha!

awesome, hope you can make it... i know, don't touch it until then~~!! that's why i am not going to touch my car either. my ST205 W2A project will start afterwards ;)

esracing

I'm ready for this meet.just put a new gauge in.awater temp gauge for the heat exchanger the only thing is it starts reading at 70 deg. I have bin testing it with the spryers and see how mutch it drops I'm seen a 6 deg drop when I spray it with washer fluid.I'm going to try ice and water next.