stock 1/8 mile times?

xander279

thanks a lot.. that was a really helpful link. i'm pretty sure i can get a better time because i'm still a noob on the track. I know you, i seen you on Youtube and Cardomain. You are from TN, i'm from Starkville, Ms. just a few hours away from Memphis.

CMS-GT4

Memphis is still another 6 hours from me. :D Your still close enough to come to the next dragon meet. I am hoping to make some much better videos before the year is over.

xander279

i still have a little bit of bodywork to do... i got a little bit of body damage to fix and going to repaint black all the way around. but i like the metallic gray and gunmetal route you took, absolutely perfect. i may go one day, but not next year... i'll wait after i finish college and get a real job.

xander279

i took another run at the track today... i upped the boost a good bit... max 15psi. best 1/8 mile time was 9.5 secs

vip09

amp279":2wdar168 said:
i took another run at the track today... i upped the boost a good bit... max 15psi. best 1/8 mile time was 9.5 secs

Half a second improvement is good! Just for comparison, my stockish (intake/exhaust) '93 N/A MR2 ran a 9.5 also in the 1/8th.

xander279

pretty impressive for a 5SFE. Another round at the strip tonight and nearly won a 75 dollar pot in my class

lost to a 300 SRT8. my best time was a 8.874... his was in the 8.7 range.

So Far, these are my best times
@peak 8-7psi 10.43
@peak 11-10 10.05
@peak 15-12 9.216
@peak 17-15 8.874

I'm extemely impressed with this car's stock JDM capabilities

This is my car's upgrades right now:
US 3SGTE Head : with EGR
JDM 3SGTE Block w/ JDM ECU
Stock injectors, fuel pump, and fuel rail
Stock Air-Air intercooler (avoid heat sink by putting a bag of ice on the intercooler between runs)
3in HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust (Cat Delete)
K&N Drop in Hi Flow Air Filter
Manual Boost Controller
TWM Short Shifter with TRD Shift Knob
Pirelli P6 Four Season Plus tires on Scion TC Wheels (less than 10000 miles on tires)

*how does this car handle such high amounts of boost without fuel cut?

Future mods:
935 Intercooler and IC pipe kit, 935 Turbo Manifold, 3in Downpipe

what kind of times do you think i can get from these upgrades? @ what recommended boost?

vip09

I went from 8.9 @ 79mph to 8.3 @ 82mph from changing the stock intercooler and intake to a front mount intercooler and 3" intake. The boost stayed at 12psi for both runs.

xander279

increasing efficiency really does help i see... right now i have just a air to air top mount and a k and n box drop in air filter... what kind of intake kit do you have?

vip09

I just made one myself.

This is the original 3" I made.

DSCF1294s.jpg

I then made a 4" intake later on.

STP62517s.jpg

vip09

I was still using the AFM with the 3" intake. They make adapters for them you can get at pretty much any auto parts store in the "rice" section. lol

xander279

yea... thats a nice 3in air intake kit.

a couple questions about it:
what size cone air filter are you using
* i'm getting the 3in one on 935 motorsports
what size was the AFM adapter?
*70mm or 80mm?
what size is your piping and what size are your couplers (and how many)?

xander279

here are the stats for my best run last week: (17 psi)
Reaction time: .643
60 Foot Time: 1.982
Elapsed Time: 8.852

Here is another notable run: (lower boost setting 15psi)
Reaction time: .513
60 Foot time: 1.956
Elapsed Time: 9.140

*each race day, i only do one run on high boost... if i try to do multiple runs on that much boost, the knock sensor will turn on and cut fuel delivery... is it okay to take risks like that with the falesafe system the alltrac has?
-i can only do that much boost when my top mount intercooler has been chilled long enough to do a single run without getting the fuel cut.

P.S.- I spanked a LS1 Trans-Am (automatic)

Attachments

• Track Time.png
    Track Time.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 1,446

xander279

I realize how dumb i am for running that kind of boost. i did a calculation of my Dynamic Compression Ratio... it was a Staggering 17:1:1 (@17psi). I am not running more than 12psi until i get an fully tunable ECU