Odd request of a fellow ST185 owner

Terracar

Hello,

This is an odd request, but is there anyone around Vancouver/Portland that would give me a ride in their ST185? I will buy you lunch or some gas money. The reason is I really want to see what the ST185 is supposed to drive/perform like. I want to do a V6 project, but I have a nagging feeling there is soemthing corked in the engine on mine.

Anyway - shoot me an IM or reply if this is soemthing you would be willing to help with.

-Terracar / Joe

2_Liter_Turbo

Well I live in Salem, lol. My car runs fairly good, but I know what you mean. I'm used to my SR'd 240, and the ST185 feels very sluggish, ha ha. I have to leave town for a few days, but when i get back I'm all up for giving ya a ride.

Terracar

Cool, let me know when is good for you. I was just down in Albany this morning picking an engine.

-Terracar

2_Liter_Turbo

Lol, that's funny. I just sold a QR25DE (Sentra SE-R Spec V) motor to a guy in WA this morning! You could have stopped by!

sentraman

I would probably, not do the V6 swap in the ST185... I think considering aftermarket support I would stay with 3sgte.

GMan

Terracar":1hg946n3 said:
Hello,

This is an odd request, but is there anyone around Vancouver/Portland that would give me a ride in their ST185?
The reason is I really want to see what the ST185 is supposed to drive/perform like.
I want to do a V6 project, but I have a nagging feeling there is soemthing corked in the engine on mine.
-Terracar / Joe

Stock the ST185 is a bit slow. It is a Heavy car, and they are getting old now. :(
A few basic mods and they wake up. :D

How seriously are U considering on the v6 ? :shrug:
Certainly Easier to do a stroker and a big turbo upgrade.
Unless you want to go for ultimate low end Torque and Uniqueness. 8)

Regards;

Terracar

Well so far mine has intake, DP and lightened flywheel and it is a slug.

The cost for stroker bigger turbo is far greater than the swap cost. However cost to do any FI on eht V6 would be greater than the available kits for the 3sgte.

-Terracar

mike325ci

if 2_liter_turbo can give you a ride that would be the best point of comparison for you. otherwise you might have better luck trying to find a turbo SW20 MR2 to get a ride in-- power-wise the two cars should feel the same, stock versus stock. at least that's how i feel from the many turbo MR2s i've driven and gotten a ride in. for everything else, they are very different lol.