Interesting Video on RHD/Stupid media.

Domspun

This is a really stupid, there is nothing wrong with the side of the steering wheel! Why is there a problem here? It's not a problem anywhere in the world, but here it is!? WTF? I hate our government!

CMS-GT4

Its like fox (faux) news for canadians. What a load. Lets ask a guy who works on cars about crash test safety data. I mean its all the same thing right? :doh:

sMARTINside

This television channel is controlled by the canadian government! This is why they can tell people anything and force these ideas in our heads. For the regular citizen that doesn't care about cars, this misinformation will make them think that JDM cars are the worst invention on the planet. And it will be easy to ban them as the society will be against them. This gets me really mad. In Quebec, the importation has stopped, last year. This is sad. :cry:

The one gentleman there citing they were unsafe represented the canadian auto dealers association. I'm sure that guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to safety and also has an unbiased opinion. Its just like when I call toyota to get parts. If I mention its RHD I get the cold shoulder. I can't give them the vin, only the part numbers or a basic description and say its for an alltrac.

toayoztan

"steering wheel on the wrong side" - What? I think she meant "other" side.

"break neck speeds" - Sure you may get those with drifting, but so is accerelating or stopping too fast with any car.

"nguyen nguyen" - I'm asian, so i'll point this out...sorry, just found it funny his first and last are the same :D

Although, I do agree (whether it was mentioned or not), getting RHD for the sake of RHD is impractical/pointless. Now, to grab a car you can't get here in the USA/Canada (which just happens to be RHD), that's a different story!

Bryan

toayoztan

CMS-GT4":c8qgkyhs said:
Its like fox (faux) news for canadians. What a load. Lets ask a guy who works on cars about crash test safety data. I mean its all the same thing right? :doh:

Maybe he was just referring to the 3mph vs 5mph crash bar/bumper (duno the exact mph specs) or so? And that some of the imported cars aren't reinforced in the doors like they are in america (I think.).

Obviously I don't know enough, but just guessing lol.

Bryan

Domspun

toayoztan":2t2ggpk2 said:
CMS-GT4":2t2ggpk2 said:

Maybe he was just referring to the 3mph vs 5mph crash bar/bumper (duno the exact mph specs) or so? And that some of the imported cars aren't reinforced in the doors like they are in america (I think.).

Obviously I don't know enough, but just guessing lol.

Bryan

My canadian and JDM ST185 are identical in terms of bumpers and crash bars, so I don't know what he's talking about. :shrug: The JDM have no rust, that's a plus! A rusted car is more dangerous in a crash than a rust-free car, that's for sure.

sammyw

The celica footage was awesome, but I so disagree with most of the claims made, you can't say all RHD cars are dangerous, it depends so much on the drivers.

I started driving my RHD all-trac around WA state by myself when I was 17 and in the three years I have been driving it, as far as 250 miles in one trip, I have never been in a major accident(very minor bumper/bumper action in a parking lot not my fault though other driver wasn't paying attention) or even receiving a ticket (in that car :oops: ). For being a young inexperienced driver to be so successful at not crashing such a "dangerous" type of car that is significant.

But most of the video was very vague generalizations I would like to see hard facts that prove there point and I have yet to see any by the Canadian government.