Cheap front LSD's

Georonimo

CMS-GT4":36f0k5dm said:
Georonimo":36f0k5dm said:
CMS-GT4":36f0k5dm said:
Honestly, you could get any of the diff units for measurements since they are all basically the same and function on the same principal. All open front, viscous coupling center.

You wouldn't happen to know of any floating around, would you? What would need to be changed to an ST165 unit for it to work in a 185 or 205 trans?

I know sometimes 185 gearboxes are listed here for cheap or free. I would just post a WTB in the FS section and look through some of the threads to see if some are still available.

Found one! Waiting on a shipping quote. I should have it in hand by weeks end then it's off to M-Factory for measuring and then pricing/group buy requirements.

Just a reminder, all payments and shipment will be handled directly by the manufacturer (M-Factory).

phattyduck

Too bad I didn't see this earlier... I have the front/center diff and transfer case assembly from my old FWD converted ST205 box sitting on a shelf in my garage.

PM me if I can be of any help here...

-Charlie

Georonimo

phattyduck":qgu76yuq said:
Too bad I didn't see this earlier... I have the front/center diff and transfer case assembly from my old FWD converted ST205 box sitting on a shelf in my garage.

PM me if I can be of any help here...

-Charlie

PM on the way!

smog7

what kind of drivetrain/lsd's were the st185 rally cars running? acd? torsen locked center(like ours)? torsen front and rear?

deecee

smog7":2yv0lfwj said:
what kind of drivetrain/lsd's were the st185 rally cars running? acd? torsen locked center(like ours)? torsen front and rear?
Buy an xtrac box off rallycarsforsale.net and let us know. Pimp out the celi with a magnesium box if you really want to be flossin ;)

phattyduck

So, I finally went out to the garage and pulled out the front/center diff assembly... Here are a few quick pics from my phone:

Complete unit (both front and center are inside):
IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

I don't know how somebody could add any sort of limited slip in there, but it would be cool for somebody to try!

-Charlie

tubasteve

yup, i said forget the wait, i spent 250 on a new welder.......20$ a peice :shoots: just kidding, did buy the welder....but not down to beat up the drive line anymore than i REALLY have to.

intrested for sure.

have a customs shop in town, will be taking the center diff and transfurcase in a week.