Megasquirt FAQ, writeup (Updated 30/10/09)

coyoteboy

9.8:1 at 10.29psi and wide throttle. I saw 8.8 at 12psi WOT but don't have the log for that at the moment.

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,649
  • Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,649

BNZ

I did also did a log of the AFR with a LM-1 and recorded such big enrichments but i think they are only acceleration enrichments as in the end it tends to lean out to around 11 AFR.

tw2

Thanks for all the info. The stock ecu really is an antique. Even on my completely untuned base map that I started with, the difference in driveability over the stock ecu was night and day.

coyoteboy

I never spotted mine leaning out at all to be honest, until top end of the rev range and higher boost, which I was fairly sure was the massive over-fueling coming to its limits and the 205 turbo able to over-ride them and lean it out with sufficient air. However UK/US/JAP ecu's may all differ, and I suppose it depends on a lot of other variables. It just amazed me how frequently it was stuck at stoic.

tw2 - yep, the drivability is light years better even bearly tuned.

BNZ

finally i am able to controll a powerslide,not fearing to let go of the gas and putting it back :lol:

coyoteboy

I've bored out the vent port on the stock VSV so it now can bleed 11psi. When I next get the car on the road i'll see if I can tune the boost control settings. I'll see if I can post up the results when I'm done.

coyoteboy

Yep, measured a max (locked open) 4psi drop across mine. This concurs with the fact that the stock ECU just opens it to add the 4psi to the wastegate value, there's no PWM control of it. I would wonder how you're dropping .8 bar, and how you're measuring it. The 205 valve is more tightly controlled, the 185 is open/shut.

MXP_57

Hey guys,

I'm back from holidays. But i think the base map tw2 wasn't good a lot of setting were weird no way i could start on that. (Like the dwell vs battery V setting at 20% linear curve=not enough spark at all).
I"m getting a clean distributor signal now.

I think it was tw2 who sent it to me, but i'm not sure it was the right file.

Would there be anybody willing to send me their map. Any map that starts on the 3sgte. I will check all the settings etc...

If you could send me your msq file to: MXP.5700 at gmail.com it would be awesome... so i can get my beast started asap. :D

Thanks!

tw2

It is setup for EDIS. You will need to go through and change all your settings depending on your ignition system etc. It is just the fuel and ignition maps which you may want to adopt from it until you start tuning.

MXP_57

Ok, thanks.

So was it normal that the dwell vs battery voltage curve was 20% linear curve? because of the edis setup?

tw2

This is what you probably want to use.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Gen_Ignition.htm#dwellbat
I cannot remember but I think the EDIS module controls dwell itself. The only 2 wires from MS to the edis ignition module are PIP which tells the ecu when TDC is and SAW which tells EDIS when to fire the ignition. It is a very simple system. It works without an ecu connected at all- it just reverts back to base 10 degree's timing. The manual says to set fixed dwell and does not go any further than this. I think a lot of this file was originally from pit_celica, maybe he can comment? All I know is that my car started perfectly first time and runs very well.

MXP_57

Ok, no worries.

So the fuel maps and ignition are good... I've modified all the rest.

I'll try tomorrow. Hopefully it will start... :p

MXP_57

I still can't get a good trigger signal... seriously i'm starting to loose my nerve about this whole thing...

MWP

Anyone running a 3S-GTE with a MS3 yet?
Im considering MS3 + MS3X + P&H drivers + LS1 coils for my 5S-GTE build.

MXP_57

I don't know but it's quite expensive the MS3.

But everything is built in.

I finally got the car to work by removing G1 and G2 from inside the dizzy and ground 2 teeth off the Ne wheel.

It works perfectly, without any noise filtering!!!

Took me 1h to modify the dizzy and the ms2 to switch back to 1 VR.

MWP

So MS3 + MS3X it is...

Ill be wanting coil per plug and sequential injection, so ill need a cam position sensor.

There is a chance i can swap my gen3 head for a gen4 (ST215) head with the single tooth cam position sensor.
Could the MS3 use this?

[edit]
Found the answer in the MS3 docs :)
Now to go order me a MS3 :D

Hi guys,

If you need any info about how to fit a MS3+MS3X onto a 3SGTE gen 4 ST215, I'm your guy. I'm currently running this setup. I'm using every stock sensors and actuators : TPS, MAP, CLT, MAT, knock sensor, crank angle sensor, cam angle sensor, IAC, stock COPs... everything. All that through the stock wiring harness so I can switch to the stock ECU in 30 seconds.

I'm using some other MS3X input/output to do the following :

-boost control using the DIYautotune solenoid
-tacho output driving my stock tachometer
-on-board MAP sensor as a barometer
-launch control using the cruise control clutch switch as the input
-Spare outputs to drive the radiator fan relay and the stock Check engine light (currently using it as a shift light)

I've joined a wiring diagram showing how my adapter harness (MS3/MS3X to stock harness adapter) is built.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with MS3+MS3X.

If you have any questions, just ask!

Sam

Attachments

• WIRIING DIAGRAM MS ADAPTER HARNESS.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 233