Seats!!

smog7

I need new front seats. Both of my seats looks like ass.....
Besides getting the actual seats, what else is needed in order to bolt in new "racing" style seats?
Are seat rails somewhat rare for st185s? Are custom rails the answer?

Post some pictures if you have aftermarket seats in your car.

Simba

You need rails to mount virtually any "racing" seat. If you're particularly tall, you'll need something custom, as most rails from the usual sources (sparco, etc) put the seat much too high to be useful. A side mount system is best.

jonnyboygt4

check out rhdjapan.com they have rails....they are pricey enough....I had made my own rails for my bride seats....they do work...but are NOT engineered so I cant tell you they are as strong as the rails you could buy online...

If you plan on getting a set of "racing" seats I hope you know they wont be very comfortable for daily driving....id look into getting a nice set of factory seats...ie....evo seats, 7th gen celica seats.....etc....at least they will be comfortable....

I had put in a set of brides and did a 4 hour drive and i thought my a$$ was going to fall off my hips lol...i was dying in pain from how uncomfortable they were....so made the decision to put the stockers back in as they are still in great shape...

dont get me wrong the brides had a nice snug fit and were excellent for anything less than an hours driving but for a long haul just didnt cut it for me.... I dunno if others had the same issues....just my personal experience..

93cc

I battled that decision for a long time and decided to just have the stocks seats reupholstered. Which ended up being cheaper then new racing seats.

underscore

I know Corbeau makes mounts, and someone on here makes custom mounts that are way more adjustable, but fixed in place.

My plan is to get some semi-racing seats, ones that still recline and hold me a bit tighter than stock, but weigh a lot less.