Newbie question.....widebody?

txironhead

I've heard the terms wide body and narrow body thrown around here but can't figure it out exactly.....what's the difference (besides the fact it's obviously wider) between widebody and narrow? Are there different bodies in the same model? Is there a widebody ST185? Are some import only?

magnum

The white car is a Wide body. If you look at the fenders you can see were it looks roundish like a wide body kit would.
Cars%20022.jpg

Now here is a Narrow body Celica as you can see the fender don't stick out as much.
Celi1.jpg

USDM All-Tracs and Celica GTS's are wide body Gt's are Narrow body.
JDM Celica GT-4's come in both Wide body and Narrow body.

txironhead

So body kits that fit the GTS will fit the All-Trac, but body kits for the GT or regular Celica won't? Or is it not enough of a difference to matter?

toayoztan

I mods for the front bumper are the same. Only the fenders are actually wider.

The rear bumper is wider for the widebody vs the narrow body along with the rear fenders/quarterpanel.

Bryan

OldElPaseo

I must have bad vision, i bought this used so i have no idea, this is not a widebody right ? or is that widebody fenders on a narrowbody celica ?
If so, can i change de fenders, bumpers... to widebody if im lucky enough to find white ones.

Attachments

• SAM_0109.JPG
    SAM_0109.JPG
    827.6 KB · Views: 4,723
  • SAM_0106.JPG
    SAM_0106.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 4,723

athousandleaves

Also, I'm not 100% sure that the wide fenders will fit a narrow car... Someone made off with a GT fender I had and it didn't fit very well to his GT-4A.