fiber lightweight elements for IV gen

BNZ

I see this thread is dead...but i am in the process of making all the movable parts from fiberglass for my ST165 and i can make also replicas for sale,as i will have the negatives.

For information of prices a hood will end-up to 100 euros,one complete door with all the holes and nuts in it to 120 euros and the hatch without the window also 120 euros.

First i will make mine and install them on my car to check all clearances then i can sell them but it's nice to know if there are people interested in order for me to buy more fiberglass at once...

LegacyofDan

for the most part that is not bad prices; the only pain is the shipping from Romania to anywhere in the states will likely be the deal killer for a lot of people sadly. luckily it is fiberglass so it doesn't weigh a lot; just is large in dimension.

BNZ

Exactly that will be a major setback...
The doors are sized in a decent dimension but the hood and the hatch are a huge package in size.
Anyway i will make them as the inertia of this car is really a fun & handling killer and i want to bring the weight down without gutting the car

LegacyofDan

oh dude i am right there with ya man.
further down the road you and i will likly be talking about ordering myself some; i def have a ton of interest.
in the end it comes down to me getting you the money :p

BNZ

Oh great to hear that.
Now,I've striped down the passenger door from my spare-parts ST162 in order to make the negative and I've scaled the important parts :

Complete dor (without inside panel but including window,all the mechanism,hinges and the mirror) = 27 Kg
Striped down door (all that can be dismantled,I've toked off) = 13,3 Kg
Bare Glass window = 5 Kg
Mirror assembly (as it is unscrewing 3 screws) = 1,8 Kg

Mitsuslider

Hell yeah man, if you can get these doors down to work with all the window mechanics and everything id be down to buy a set, and as for hood maybe you should look in molding in some cs style venting while your making them, I would definitely be down for a vented fiberglass hood.... I get alot of heat under there with all my stainless.

BNZ

I have vented already my stock hood,so if i will do a copy will be one of my hood like this

_DSC2288web.jpg

P.S. the right door is almost finished if not his week,the next i hope to comeback with some pictures

BNZ

not at the moment...will do but there are 2 flaps for aiding air out. The flow trough the radiator is increased and also the heat from the turbine exits the engine bay

BNZ

Shipping to US with the regular non-priority mail will be 12$ for the first 1kg + 7$ for every additional kg.
If let's say a door weighs 3kg the shipping will be 12+2*7=26$.
I don't know if our post charge in volumetric weight(if weight is less than the volumetric weight) case in witch a bonnet or rear hatch will cost more. But anyhow i will supply the recipe from the shipping charges

187flatliner

let us know when you have the hood with the cs vent available i dont care how much shipping will be(within reasons)......as long as it arrives intact.

BNZ

will do,but a little correction,just not to be misunderstood. There's no CS vent replica. in my opinion it looks odd on the ST165. It will be a rectangular cut with 2 flaps,one in front bent up and one in the back bent down towards the engine to aid airflow out witch it does in my current setup really wheel (tested)

More pictures with it here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38270&p=386757#p386757

LegacyofDan

wow...so the dimensions of the package do not add any crazy price's...hmm excellent (said in mister burns tone of voice; for those whom are familiar with Simpsons)

well i am interested. please feel free to communicate to me further on the progress on these hoods...i may be interested in a few(1 or 2...all comes down to money) down the road.

BNZ

Ok Dan,will double check that (if they charge volumetric weight) when i send you the skidpad

187flatliner

your scoop per se is fine.....but would really like more photos of the set-up closer in the pics to get a better look at it. can you do this?

BNZ

Ok,these days as i will bring the car to a local expo this wkend,so there will be plenty of pictures