The greater St Louis area

CMS-GT4

How many alltracs are up in this area? Planning on moving up there in the near future.

Lets get the locals together every now and then. Maybe attend the MR2 meets as well.

zak062

hey cms, i live in belleville, about 20 min east of stl. I've followed your alltrac project for quite a couple years. Theres only one other alltrac owner down here that i know of, but i've never met him. Theres plenty of mr2 people though, usually a good amount of meets. Check out the forum stlsr.com for local "racers".

CMS-GT4

I found out about some of the local mr2 meets. I will check Out that car forum. We will have to get all the local tracs at the next spring mr2 meet. Should have the car done by then.

zak062

Where in the saint louis area are you planning on moving to? I don't suggest collinsville, granite city, or alton on the illinois side. I can't speak for the missouri side since i don't go there often.

CMS-GT4

Looks like I will be moved in early May. I am trying to get everything wrapped up here, and the car done so I can ship it up. I will likely need to do some interior work on it, and I don't want to drive it up there since the paint will still be curing.

Just noticed this thread, yep I live in godfrey, so ony a matter of minutes to edwardsville for me. Right beside alton il.

Whats bringing you to edwardsville?

CMS-GT4

My wife got a job over in the rosana area. So we are relocating. I work from home so I can be anywhere.

zak062

Glad to here we have another member in the area. Us mr2s just had a meet last month. As far as i know, theres no meets in stl coming up. Theres a meet in kansas city coming up and a big import meet in st. Charles, mo at the end of the month.

CMS-GT4

I don't this I will make any meets this month. Maybe come this summer we can have a mini alltrac gathering. I hear there are some good roads down south a little ways.

options2

CMS-GT4":s6ru0uxj said:
Likely around Edwardsville.

Edwardsville is a very nice area. Lot of rich people...some snobs for sure, but its a good area with very low crime and one of the top school districts in the state.

PS.....I live in Edwardsville. :)

CMS-GT4

Good to know. I do not deal well with snobs, as there are a lot in the area I live. Right now we are trying to get the seller to fix some things, so right now their response is the deciding factor if we get this house or not. Its in the Maryville area. There is a Maryville about 20minutes from my house here in TN too, but of course they pronounce it differently. ;)

Redrkt01

CMS-GT4":3qtmb67w said:
I don't this I will make any meets this month. Maybe come this summer we can have a mini alltrac gathering. I hear there are some good roads down south a little ways.

Across the river in Missouri there are plenty of great windy roads through hill country. Once you head far enough west to get out of the Mississippi River basin you get into the Ozark foothills. They roll all the way south to Arkansas and southwest to Oklahoma.

options2

CMS-GT4":16czz9o0 said:
Good to know. I do not deal well with snobs, as there are a lot in the area I live. Right now we are trying to get the seller to fix some things, so right now their response is the deciding factor if we get this house or not. Its in the Maryville area. There is a Maryville about 20minutes from my house here in TN too, but of course they pronounce it differently. ;)

Maryville is really nice too, only about 5mins from Edwardsville / Glen Carbon. They all kind of run together there. You might regret moving that close to me as I would be harassing you with questions and ideas all the time. :p

CMS-GT4

Looks like I am going to need a private listing. ;)

You can ask questions via email all you want. Likely going to catch up with the wife once I get there since its been since Feb1st for us to be together.