The greater St Louis area

options2

CMS-GT4":gtcb1cgs said:
Looks like I am going to need a private listing. ;)

You can ask questions via email all you want. Likely going to catch up with the wife once I get there since its been since Feb1st for us to be together.

LOL

Yeah.....since Feb 1st huh? I could see why you would want to spend some time together.

I am all for meeting up with other All Trac owners in the area when you get up here and have time. Sadly I may not be able to drive my Trac though, still working on getting her going. I promise I would come in another cool Toyota though. :p

CMS-GT4

What is wrong with it? I know these can be long projects. Mine has been in the works for over 5 years.

BTW: Are there any good junk yards in the area?

options2

CMS-GT4":2td2d5uy said:
What is wrong with it? I know these can be long projects. Mine has been in the works for over 5 years.

BTW: Are there any good junk yards in the area?

I broke the fuel line, while trying to replace the fuel filter. I have the new line to replace it, its just been kind of hard to get at right now. Before that it wasnt starting, thats why I was address fuel, air, and spark needs. I just need to get it back together and test more.

There are a couple of junkyards around. They aren't too bad, but not like your going to find an All Trac in there. :p Last time I check "Pick n Pull" in St Louis, they had 3 1990-93 Celicas. A GT notchback, a GTS hatchback, and a plain hatchback.......I think.

CMS-GT4

I would be happy just to find some gts models since the body and interior is the same. All the yards here have are gt and lower. It made it hell for me to find molding.

I might need to start hunting interior pieces but I will not be sure till I get the car back.
Just good to know there is one near.

Changing the fuel filter sucks. I remember it taking me all day because I did not want to damage anything. I had head horror stories of people breaking the lines back in the day. I wish I did it when the motor was out of the car, would had been easier. I went to buy the special wrenches you need for it, which made it easier. Its been so long I forget what they were called though.

CMS-GT4

That its. Jeez, that sucks. I was paranoid as could be when I did mine. I hope to not have to do it again for a long time.

It's a shame you aren't going to be in town sooner........First week of May grip_addict is coming down for a visit and to help me swap out my clutch. Seems you are going to miss the fun.

CMS-GT4

What date is he going to be there? I might be able to at least stop by before I drive back down to Tn.

Him and his lady will be staying with me the 2nd through the 5th I think. He was hoping you'd be in the area, always nice when you get to meet another all-trac owner.

CMS-GT4

Let me know when you think he might be getting in. I am supposed to head back down here the 2nd right after closing my house.

grip addict

hello!
yes, i will be at the truman priest homestead for a few days. may 3rd and part of the 4th. i'll be showing up on the 2nd, but later in the evening (he's such a good host, i can con, err, convince him into anything hehh). I always enjoy meeting up with others that share the horror that is these cars. If we don't manage to get the clutch done while i'm there, i'm sure another trip up to STL will be planned a few weekends after.

and even then, prolly a trip up after i get my machine running. goal is the summer school break. It'll probably happen. and if not, well, i like road trips anyways :smokes:

CMS-GT4

Well if you are coming back to the area, it might be best to plan to get together one of the next trips since I am pressed for time. Excited to be in an area where alltracs exist. I think I will like not being an endangered species.

CMS-GT4

Does anyone have a wideband laying around I can rent or barrow? I want to figure out my fuel once I get up there and make sure everything is right.

CMS-GT4

Also, what kind of mess do I need to go through to do emissions in Edwardsville? They just do the sniffer test right? I need to put a cat in this car.

CMS-GT4

I am up here now. Should take this week to get settled in then I am going to start working on the alltrac. Anyone know of a place that has a press locally? I want to install new wheel bearings in my rav4 spindles before I consider installing them.

Redrkt01

I don't know of a press since I've not yet needed one. I live in MO, but I'm pretty sure IL is just a sniffer.....

CMS-GT4

I may just have to find a shop and see if they will install the bearings for me.

Got moved in yesterday. Looks like I will be spending a month unpacking. My wife is going out of town next week, so maybe I will run into a few of you. I need to see what box the 185 oem fan is in.

EDIT: Where are some cool landmarks around here? I am going to do a nice shoot once everything is running right, and the car is registered.

CMS-GT4":3ne901lq said:
Where are some cool landmarks around here? I am going to do a nice shoot once everything is running right, and the car is registered.

There are some neat places around. You of course have the Arch. And the St. Louis City Downtown area. In Alton you have the Lewis and Clark bridge that you can use as a backdrop for taking pictures below on one of the old Levies, There are a lot of old industrial buildings right by the river, and there is also the River Road that has many very neat Photo Opportunities. I know I've also seen a lot of old Rail Way Bridges in places that aren't used any more, they may be blocked off for only walkers and cyclists though.
050909_Alton_Bridge.jpg

CMS-GT4

Great, thanks. I will definitely have to hit some of these places for a shoot once I get the car setup right.