Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Alright. Things are pretty crazy here as it is down to a few days before I have to go.

I sent Mixmaster an email, but have not heard from him so if anyone knows where I can find a driver side rear quarter molding, I need one asap.

CMS-GT4

I drove the car home today. I had my dad bring a dolly, and we loaded it up, but I could not get it to switch to fwd mode, and I was not going to force the switch. I scratched the bottom part of the bumper thanks to the design of his trailer. I am going to have to touch that up. The interior is going to need work, and I still need the driver side molding asap. The plugs were black, and I need to figure out why as they only have a hundred or so miles on them.

Here is a pic for tonight. I need to put the new wheels on.

42467194.jpg

CMS-GT4

I am keeping the MIG for now. I am going to put a cat in the midpipe to see how much that quietens it down first.

I will put a front emblem on it, and the gtfour emblem on the rear, but that is is.

CMS-GT4

So i am going to try and put much of the car back together today so it is ready to ship.

Here are a few more pics.

picimg1296.jpg

picimg1300.jpg

picimg1295.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks.
Yeah, the Z is pretty dinged up. I am going to have to get it fixed after the move this weekend. On top of that the rear quarter needs to be replaced thanks to the neighbor. Once it is fixed I will decide if I want to keep it or not. .

CMS-GT4

I put most of the interior back in the car today. Considering the age of my leather and all it has been through, other than the side bolsters it looks pretty decent. I think maybe if I take the carpet out and clean it, I can save it. Its mostly faded.

Here is where I tried to test fit my splitter. The shadow was working against me, so I lightened it. And here is my old plug. Not sure why it is black like this. It fouled over a short distance. Maybe just a couple hundred miles. I did find a vac leak. A cap I put on has cracked. I replaced it and the car runs much better. I still have a code 54, so I need to ground a wire and that should sort that out.
I also need to clean my wheels and tires and raise the front end another half inch or so. I am rubbing the under plastic on the driver side.

20324361.jpg

picimg1320.jpg

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":15ckijp8 said:
Thanks.
Yeah, the Z is pretty dinged up. I am going to have to get it fixed after the move this weekend. On top of that the rear quarter needs to be replaced thanks to the neighbor. Once it is fixed I will decide if I want to keep it or not. .

Nice combo. Glad nothing happened to the ST185. Sorry about the Z. How bad is it? If you decide to sell, what will replace it? (Inquiring minds want to know. :p )

CMS-GT4":3ro7belv said:
No idea, but I do know it will likely be economical and 4door. Possibly awd, due to the crazy winters here.

Crazy winters in IL? They aren't that bad. I just have a little RWD Tacoma and she gets around no problem. My wifes Yaris also handles them like a trooper.