Need Stock "Under the Seat Amp" for door speakers

Angrysquirel

Hi All,
I just got finished replacing the stock 8" door subs with 6" Kickers (a lot of modification) due to the surrounds on the original speakers being totally degraded. To my amazement, after installing them, they don't freakin work lol.
I have soldered and ensured good connection to the new speakers - pulled out the aftermarket head unit (Eclipse CD3000) and checked all the wiring (looks good).
So after Googling for wiring diagrams and such, I find that the door speakers are actually powered by a separate amp (correct me if I'm wrong) on the "Super Live Sound System" 10 speaker system.
I have a harness with a bunch of male connectors under my seat, just no amp.
Would any of you have a stock amp for the door speakers lying around that you would sell? I cant take the speakers back that I installed due to the modifications :p
This is a JDM 93' GT Four.

krogers128

jw but why wouldn't you just run an aftermarket amp like Alpine? mine fit right under the seat in my last three cars lol. and they provide awesome power/tuning ability.

Angrysquirel

Well, it would seem that there are really proprietary connections under the seat there - I suppose I could hack and slash them together. There's nothing like an OEM fit tho :)
Ill check out that ebay one now - thanks for that!

YerRandO

Simply adding the stock amp wont fix this, you loose its function when an aftermarket head unit is used. Search around you will find quite a number of threads on this. I used an aftermarket amp and mounted it in the stock location to power my kickers.

underscore

There are specific wiring harnesses that will work for keeping the system 10 amp working, the standard one that a shop will give you won't work, as for some reason the Celica isn't listed as a vehicle that requires this harness (I guess because it wasn't a standard piece?).

there's a thread on here somewhere on which harness you need, there's tonnes on eBay

Angrysquirel

OK, thanks for that - I think I will purchase a small amp for the door speakers.
I will need to take it to an audio shop to have it re-wired - I did A LOT of searching through the forums and I cant find a definitive "cut here, splice here" for the wiring harness for the door woofers.
I appreciate the help guys! If you know of any diagrams, please reply, if not, I'll post the resolution soon.

jonnyboygt4

i simply ran two crossovers instead of the amp under the seat...got the a audio shop to do it for me...but im running a sub in the back....pounds like a SOB...

Angrysquirel

jonnyboygt4":1eenckwl said:
i simply ran two crossovers instead of the amp under the seat...got the a audio shop to do it for me...but im running a sub in the back....pounds like a SOB...

Ah, that sounds good - I already have an MTX road thunder (500WATT) connected to a 12" sub in the back - maybe I will do the same.
Ill keep you posted, get the shop to do a writeup of what they did, then post it here.

Angrysquirel

I have decided that I will just run another smaller - ish amp to power the door 6's.
I have a few unused pre-outs on my deck - so thats that. Ill do a write up with pics when i get the time and $$

underscore

I take it you want to tap into the existing wires going from the stock amp to the door woofers? you can just run new wires to/from the amp for all this but if you prefer to just tap into the existing I can take a look at my setup tomorrow as someone did tap into the existing wiring in mine for a new amp.

Angrysquirel

Yah - I will just keep it simple and run some wires from my existing amp to the door speakers - thanks for the input guys. This makes the most sense, and it should be the most cost effective.