These headlights a good choice?

reeves

Not sure about that site in particular.. but Summit Racing sells the same thing down here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-003427291/

I've ordered these exact pair for my MR2.. According to SummitRacing, they should fit the alltrac as well. I'm going to try them in my (newly purchased) alltrac this weekend and see if it's an improvement in lighting over the stock headlights.

Brad_91

Alright sweet thanks! Did you get special bulbs as well or just the normal ones they offer? I will wait for your input and most likely buy them next week, because I have a blown bulb now and it gives me an excuse to upgrade my lights :)

reeves

Those Hella headlights come pre-installed with an H4 bulb already, so I just stuck with those.. I'll let you know how they fit in the Alltrac once I get a chance to swap them out.

Have to say though, the alltrac's stock headlights seems better/brighter IMO than how my MR2 headlights were.. So not sure if these Hella lights will be as much of an improvement as they were over my MR2, but we'll see..

Brad_91

Alright sounds good. I am hopefully going to get some nice "white" bulbs if I can but I haven't looked around enough to know exactly what the differences are.. I know I don't want to have those super blue halogen lights that blind everyone in oncoming traffic :p. I'll look into all that this weekend. Were the H4's very similar to the stock "colour"? I guess googling pictures and reviews is my best bet... I've read a few threads on here already about headlights as well.. Tough to know what to get

Boo_Guy

I ordered a conversion kit from that rallylights.com website, had no issues with them.

They have a store on amazon.com as well.

~CDUB~

I Purchased the Hella E-codes several years ago from ebay.

They are great but one thing to consider is that the E-code is for European countries.

All E-codes are going to have a right hand drive beam pattern(as they show on that site you linked)(ie the light kicks up on the drivers side as opposed to the right side which would be used to light up signs. now your blinding people regardless of what bulb you put in there it just gets worse the brighter bulb you go to)

As well some states you are require to have D.O.T lights to pass safety inspections.

reeves

~CDUB~":3lebc42f said:
They are great but one thing to consider is that the E-code is for European countries.
All E-codes are going to have a right hand drive beam pattern(as they show on that site you linked)(ie the light kicks up on the drivers side as opposed to the right side which would be used to light up signs. now your blinding people regardless of what bulb you put in there it just gets worse the brighter bulb you go to)

As well some states you are require to have D.O.T lights to pass safety inspections.
Not sure what E-code is.. but the Hella lights I got from Summit Racing (linked above) conforms to U.S. DOT Standards.. Same part number as the one from Rally Lights.. They have a sharp cut-off, brighter light, and yes, they shine up and to the RIGHT (passenger side).

~CDUB~

reeves":jvljwjsa said:
~CDUB~":jvljwjsa said:

Not sure what E-code is.. but the Hella lights I got from Summit Racing (linked above) conforms to U.S. DOT Standards.. Same part number as the one from Rally Lights.. They have a sharp cut-off, brighter light, and yes, they shine up and to the RIGHT (passenger side).

I'm gonna retract my statement E-codes are not RHD only I was confusing them with another and after looking at pictures of my setup my Hella's are proper for our roads as well.

E-code is just a standard (like our D.O.T) that lights must conform to. it is used in European countries. All the code implies to is how much light has to go to certain areas when using a headlight beam analyzer. (i worked at a dealership and did all the lighting stuff so am pretty familiar)

Here is a picture from my install a couple years ago that show the Hella Ecode pattern as well as my stock h4 Cibie(jap spec) (shows the difference between rhd and lhd beam patterns)

2150311_35_full.jpg
2150311_36_full.jpg

As well it should be noted that its still the stock 55w bulb in the cibie housing and a ebay 90/100watt bulb in the hella's