Speed-Source BBQ July 23 2011

Speed-Source

Openhouseflyer.jpg

CMS-GT4

I wish everything wasn't always in Northern IL. If I have working AC and all my bugs sorted, I might try and make it.

CMS-GT4

Anything more than a couple hours north of my I consider northern, then again I am new to this area.

Terracar

Droptop93":33tn4vnt said:
Lol seymour is no where near northern illinois. Its at least 6-7hr south of chicago.

Then again that isn't saying much since it takes 4 hours to get from one side of Chicago to the other... or is that just O'hare?. :rofl:

-Terracar

Droptop93

Terracar":1rzqkjpg said:
Droptop93":1rzqkjpg said:
Lol seymour is no where near northern illinois. Its at least 6-7hr south of chicago.

Then again that isn't saying much since it takes 4 hours to get from one side of Chicago to the other... or is that just O'hare?. :rofl:

-Terracar

:D

killer_siller

Droptop93":1zvotkpx said:

What're you on?

Google maps Chicago, IL to Seymour, IL

It's about 2.75hrs from Chi-town.

Then again, if you drew a line down horizontally half way between the top and bottom of the state, Seymour would be in the northern half.

Interestingly enough, though:
St. Louis, MO to Champaign, IL

Is just under 3 hours. Excuses are dwindling.

Droptop93

killer_siller":3eznpt3p said:
Droptop93":3eznpt3p said:

What're you on?

Google maps Chicago, IL to Seymour, IL

It's about 2.75hrs from Chi-town.

Then again, if you drew a line down horizontally half way between the top and bottom of the state, Seymour would be in the northern half.

Interestingly enough, though:
St. Louis, MO to Champaign, IL

Is just under 3 hours. Excuses are dwindling.

For me when I went to speedsource a couple years ago, it took about 6hr from the time I got to chicago to speedsource.....traffic and all but yes it should be less if I didn't run in to so much traffic.

celicat93

Droptop93":35dd5bma said:
For me when I went to speedsource a couple years ago, it took about 6hr from the time I got to chicago to speedsource.....traffic and all but yes it should be less if I didn't run in to so much traffic.

If that's the case I need to look into starting a commuter helicopter business. I live just a little ways from Seymour in Champaign, going the speed limit it takes me two hours to reach the Chicago city limit, two and a half to get into downtown and three to get up north (O'Hare). That is with light to no traffic, but the only time I've experienced traffic that bad up there was when they were tearing up 294 to put in the wireless toll system.

killer_siller

celicat93":p5pnlpd1 said:
Droptop93":p5pnlpd1 said:
the only time I've experienced traffic that bad up there was when they were tearing up 294 to put in the wireless toll system.

That was a NIGHTMARE and had to have been instigated by an extremely sadistic and malicious person.

Remember when they took 80 eastbound down to one lane right before the 294 north exit?

Toyota_Todd

Whats a head count from you guys?

Roll call:

Toyota_Todd 92 Celica alltrac turbo (red)
Roger 04 Matrix Turbo'd 1ZZ (silver) It will suprise you :D

Looking forward to next saturday and hopefully seeing some new faces and lots of familiar ones.

celicat93

killer_siller":350kymji said:
celicat93":350kymji said:
Droptop93":350kymji said:
the only time I've experienced traffic that bad up there was when they were tearing up 294 to put in the wireless toll system.

That was a NIGHTMARE and had to have been instigated by an extremely sadistic and malicious person.

Remember when they took 80 eastbound down to one lane right before the 294 north exit?

I think I missed that one. I don't get up there quite that often, though when the 294 work was being done I was working charter sales for a bus company and I would fill in driving sometimes when they needed me or when I just wanted extra money, so I was stuck up there sometimes.