3SGE intake manifold on a 3SGTE??

polarmoment

here's mine so far:

engine bay is a mess still.
2010-04-18203706.jpg

i don't think you can see the IAT sensor hole, but it's under the blockoff plate for the CSI. i'm using this IAT sensor from a 99 landrover discovery:
5S1056.jpg

infortunately, they're ridiculously expensive if you don't find one in the u-pull.

2010-04-18204415.jpg

throttle cable bracket fresh out of the dye bath after anodizing:
2010-04-07001320.jpg

i had a hell of a time finding a 5SFE throttle cable, so i eventually gave up and decided to use a cruise cable from a corolla or whatever it was that i found in the yard. that necessitated a custom bracket though.

i also used a sanding drum on a hand drill to portmatch the runners to the TVIS plate. my TVIS actuator was also dead, so i grabbed the ACIS actuator off a camry V6 and cut/JBwelded the appropriate bits from the TVIS bracket onto it so it would work.

built2run

man i really have to start making those intake mani's i got planned and hopefully sell them at an affordable price, within reason

trd-at

looks great guys! love both PC jobs. I used a throttle cable from a 1996 celica gt with a 2.2. This cable is very short and fits great, just had to make my own throttle cable bracket. I'll post some pics.

polarmoment

test fitted the induction system:

2010-04-25201826.jpg

everything fits much better than it used to :D i love being able to pull the VC without having to touch the throttle body/charge pipes...

polarmoment

done:
2010-05-02174043.jpg

2010-05-02174056.jpg

i went with the 3SGE top-feed fuel rail as well:
2010-05-02174130.jpg

simple mounting brackets:
2010-04-27145242.jpg

i'm using WRX injectors, which are shorter than standard denso units. measurement from bottom of rail to bottom of bracket is 33mm, and the mounting hole is 15mm forward from the back of the rail, 7/16" diameter.

i used some 2"x2"x1/8" thick 6061-T6 angle.
2010-04-27145230.jpg

to make the injector cups, just cut the ends off the stock rail and seat the injectors into them with an o-ring.

DudeMan

So I managed to find one of these manifolds yesterday for cheap. Unfortunately its completely bare and didn't include any sensors or the throttle body.

Will this be a problem for me?

Can I just swap everything from the stock manifold?

DudeMan

So what did you guys do with the hard lines that bolt to the back of the stock manifold?

There's two lines which go to the power steering pump on the passenger side and then a bunch of vacuum lines and possibly one coolant line on the driver side.

Did you guys just run longer vacuum hoses and not use the hardlines?

DudeMan

GTE throttle body also hits the engine hoist hook, I assume you simply remove it once the engine is in the car.

There's a large vacuum or coolant hard line attached to the hook, anyone know what its for so I can bypass it?

I can grab a pic if it helps.

Oh yeah and does removing the CSI cause a cell?

DudeMan

Has anyone retained cruise control after installing one of these on a 185?

The CC unit is located directly in front of the throttle body, obviously a problem.

And since the cable from the firewall is so short I'm not left with a lot of options for moving it, without further modifications..

Is it possible to squeeze a 2.5" pipe beside it? Maybe bend the bracket a bit?

trd-at

You can go to a local yard and try to source a cable that is longer from another toyota and that should work. I used a shorter throttle cable to my throttle body from a 96 celica with a 5sfe and it functions great, needed to make a cable bracket though, no big deal

l0ch0w

BTW, a note, its probably been brought up here, but for those of you running a gen 3 motor, the side feed option comes from the gen 4 caldina...

DudeMan

I'm going to attempt to keep the CC in the stock location and squeeze the pipe beside it..

I was looking at it the other day and I think it might work. Won't know until I try though.