Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Not any time soon, but if I ever get new wheels I am going to consider it. I decided to prioritize my projects. Its hard to juggle the car and everything else in my life. Now A/C is the main focus. I may just stick with these wheels for a while. At least till I use these tires. They still only have about 400 miles on them.

This is the thread where solutions are being sought.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28366

CMS-GT4

Things have been real stressful here so I am moving at a slow pace. Got to get a few things in my life in order, so other than work a lot has been on hold including my business.

I did just get in my new gauge pod. I need to decide how I will handle the back and wires of the gauges. This will hold my water temp and boost gauge. If I need another then I will put it into the key bezel like some have.

photoixi.jpg

My brake rotors also came in. I sprayed my old rav4 spindle with some PB blaster. Once I get the old rotors off I will put these on and get a test fit for my 205 calipers on the rav4 spindle and these new rotors.

My AC was next in line, but that might be off till the end of the month, so I will handle all the other little things before then. The car is dusty, so if its not raining tomorrow I will take it for a wash. I might start on the new radio soon too so I can put together the door cars and dash.

CMS-GT4

So it turns out I have the wrong brake rotors. I bought Martin's old rotors from his race car, but I think his are C5, and I was needing C4. So now I need to figure out what I want to do. I know I want to simplify this project. I might sell the rotors, or I could still use them and use wilwood calipers.

So the plan was to use vette rotors, rav4 spindle, and 205 calipers. Now I am not sure how I am going to approach this. I will likely just put everything back in their boxes and revisit this once I get some of the other stuff done.

CMS-GT4

Took the car out to wash it. I wanted to get the dust and sludge off of it. It drives good. Maybe tomorrow I will lower it again. I am now starting to debate a lip due to the stupid roads around here. There are a lot of drainage ruts around here. I need to take some measurements when I lower it and see how it pans out.

photofrix.jpg

UtahSleeper

Damn she looks good!

Hope life calms down so you can get her squared away. You should be cruising her more now that she has a good paint job.

On a side note, the iphone game you made for school. Did you guys ever get sales numbers?

CMS-GT4

I didn't make one for school, but I made a few for work.

I don't have access to the sales numbers but last time I checked which was last year there were over 300,000 players on Archetype and made it into the app hall of fame. So I guess it did all right.

We are about to launch a new one. So stay tuned. I will hopefully drive the car around more. I need to get Mark to drive out here so we can put them next to each other.

Plan on it next week. I'm working now through the weekend and since the work days are 12.5hrs long.......sigh. I did wash and wax her yesterday though, so she is all shiny again. Monday through Thursday I am off next week, with free days on Mon and Wednesday since the wife works, so lets make that the plan. I've yet to actually get to drive her around yet though with the new clutch and then finally running again with the refurb'd harness. So expect a stressed out Mark when I make it over there lol.

CMS-GT4

Yeah next week works for me. My mom is coming in this weekend now. So anyone can suggest where to get the RC washer nozzle? The part does not come up at the dealer I get my jdm parts and I am not paying 20-30usd for rhd japan to ship them to me.

Are you talking about the windshield squirters for the hood? Heck I got mine at oreilys and they worked fine. Some folks I think said they had to put a needle in the port and bend them up a bit to avoid the diffuser on the hood, I didn't have to do that though.

CMS-GT4

Every time I break a bolt I think about selling my car... I might as well invest in a tap set if I am going to keep it...

Xiansheng

omg, breaking bolts, brings back memories of when I wanted to just kill that old st185 of mine.. that shit is the worst bro.. when it happens, that feeling in the gut... like death.. :bangshead: :x

lol

CMS-GT4

It blows my mind that my rust free car breaks bolts in the engine bay. I have heard its due to the core design in the toyota bolts, but I do not know. I wil try and drill it out this weekend. It was making a simple adjustment, then snapped the head off...

I lowered the front today. I will lower the rear tomorrow. I will be cramming tonight for finishing this next game. I also took the Z outside. I wanted to get the light right for the wheels vs my paint to see if I still might want to get the 350z rays for my car. If I do a bolt pattern change I will defiantly consider it.

img1361t.jpg

350zrays.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

I didnt touch my car for 6 months and went back to work a few weeks ago on it. The very first bolt I turned snapped. I tossed a few tools and walked away for another few days. :twisted:

Looks really nice.

What bolt did you break? I definitely feel your pain. After the clutch job I think I spent around $70 on bolts I broke. Alt tensioner bolt was an expensive one, and then strut mount from breaking two of those bolts....I literally have a second 'trac worth of bolts, but it always seems to be the ones I don't have spares for that break. Sigh.

I really like the wheels you have on the car now. Perfect look IMO. What offset do you run in the back?

Landon

broken bolts such for sure. honestly, i like the wheels you have now. looks a lil less ganster.. unless thats what you're goin for. lol

Xiansheng

CMS-GT4":21oy4hvl said:
I broke a bolt that holds the headlight. I run 38 et all around but I have a 25mm spacer in the rear.
That's also the bolt I broke back in the day, ended up drilling it out, welded a washer right there to the metal, and put new screw super tight in there, well, also bcuz my body/frame was screwed over there and had to raise the whole assembly one corner with that washer..lol.. was a total jimmyjob fix.. lol

my rims are also +38 offset 16x8 oz cronos from Sal, what size tire are you running with those? and no rubbing in the back man? I also have 25mm spacers.. you think a 225 55 16 with the 25mm spacer would work, I'm worried..lol