adjustable cam gears

ruffneck

hey anyone know of adjustable cam gears for 3sgte's apart from the HKS ones?, and at what point does it become worthwhile on stock cams?

Plex

AEM probably makes some. and on most motors cams will do you more good than cam gears at first

allblackalltrac

Cam gears on stock cams become worth while when every other mod that can be performed has been perfomed. Cams are the last thing one should invest in and install.
Factory cam gears are adjustable, if you know what your doing and know how to dial in cams...

Aaron perhaps you know the answer to this one...what is the degree change +/- when a gear is off by one tooth?

Terboman

IMHO....adj cam gears on a motor w/ stock cams.. that has never had the block or head resurfaced is almost worthless. Or...at least not worth the cost of the cam gears. If you have had some resurfacing done....possibly worth it. In general tho, if you have aftermarket cams....you should get some cam gears to dial them in with.

laters

Terboman

turbo4wd":2d1dvzle said:
iMpOrT__dUte":2d1dvzle said:
the Artist formally known as Terboman

holy crap, the babblin viet, isn't actually a babblin viet.. its LEE!!! :rofl:

LOL. I'll be honest...I got the idea from Kev.
One day... Vincent, Herman, Kev..a whole bunch of us were in the Alltrac.net AOL chatroom. I logged into the chatroom as HoTnSeXyRhInO and started hitting on Vincent. Kev logged in as some "Viet_Dut" or something. Instead of "dude" he kept saying "dut". Damn, that day I was rolling on ground at work laughing. :D For some reason...I don't think the other guys thot it was so funny tho. :shrug: lol.

Good to see u Dan