Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Test fitting the gauge pod. I had to remove a little more material so the boost gauge can sit flush. Once it dries I will be installing it for good.
I may do the clutch slave tomorrow as long as I figure out how to fill the fluid. I am guessing it uses the tranny fluid, and I just bleed it?
Once this goes in, all the wiring goes with it. I need to setup a bracket for my power distribution block and then I can wrap all the wiring up. I am thinking of just installing the boost controller in the glove box. It will be out of the way and out of sight.

photopvr.jpg

GT4times2

I like the gauge pod. Looks great! Come to think of it, my boost controller is located below the dash/below steering column (above my right leg, when driving). Still want the pics? I want to go your route and hide it as well. You could always go with the AEM Tru-Boost EBC, that doubles as a boost gauge to minimize having too many electronics, and replace your boost gauge (I may do that in the future). (I also want to get rid of the gauges on the pillar. Not my doing, but they have to go).

I wish they still sold these (Did they even make them for the Alltracs?) :

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312341

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/JDM-S13- ... 31220.html

You can make your own with sheetmetal or whatever material you feel would work for you, and wrap it in vinyl or paint it black (gloss or wrinkle finish).

CMS-GT4

I want to keep my glove box for use so if I put mine in there it will likely be in a small container mounted inside there. I would hate for something stored in there to knock it. I used to keep my disc changer in my glove box. I would not mind seeing what you got. It might be more ideal to mount it under the dash somewhere. I have a turbo timer mounted underneath my steering wheel. I wonder if there is a brand of switches that fits the oem switch spots on the left side of the dash.

EDIT: I wonder if the clock placement would be a good place for it. I am also sort of leaning towards taking my lower din pocket and making a compartment inside of it for the boost controller.

CMS-GT4

Thanks, but my legs will hit it there. I think I might be onto something with the pocket. I just got to get my radio ordered and go from there.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":3oz1l1wk said:
Thanks, but my legs will hit it there. I think I might be onto something with the pocket. I just got to get my radio ordered and go from there.

Same here. That's one of the reasons why I am moving it too. I want everything hidden/out of sight and my leg has hit it before.

Landon

looks super good man. ah put tranny fluid in the clutch master? if thats what your talking about i wouldn't do that.. just replace the slave, draw out as much old fluid from the master and then fill it with fresh dot3 brake fluid. and bleed till it comes out clean.. least thats what my better knowledge tells me.

CMS-GT4

Yeah I misunderstood. I was not sure if there was a separate resivour or if it was pulling from the tranny. I figured it out now.
Today I got my gauges wired up, and it was a hell of a task. I made a hole on the back of the pod to allow the wires to go through then I fed them through the dash and tied them to proper places out of the way. I need to find the bulbs covers so I can see how the different coloted lights look.
Next I will sort out wiring organization of all my power points and start installing the intrior.
I though about installing a speed cut defender but I have not found out what wires it needs to go to.
photoegs.jpg

Landon

whats the speed cut? looks super good. do the gauges get in the way of like the stock stuff like speedo?

CMS-GT4

The gauges are not so much in the way, but the steering wheel is. I can't see anything under 30mph. I was considering getting a pillar pod to run a digital speedo that I could calibrate to my tire size. I have that from the factory on my Z, and having a HUD for speed is a nice feature.
Speed cut on my engine keeps me from going over a certain speed. If I ever do any track events I am going to want it gone.

aus jd 2703

I thought only jap ecus have it. Which explains why cms has it and no one else does. Curious if I have it as I have a jap spec 205 ecu

phattyduck

CSAlltrac":8gvrd61c said:
Landon":8gvrd61c said:
whats the speed cut? looks super good. do the gauges get in the way of like the stock stuff like speedo?
Its a brick wall you hit @ 120.
On the JDM ECU its at 180kph, or about 112mph. And it sucks when you hit it and weren't expecting it - it feels like you just lost the motor...

-Charlie

CMS-GT4

So after lots of searching I think I have figured this out based on other installs.

This image gives me a hint on how to hook it up. So I just need to interrupt the speed wire to the ECU with this device and I will just power it with my standard devices. Once this is in, I will start messing with the last of my dash wiring.

bccat8.jpg

EDIT: I also think I found my new head unit. This radio has preouts front and rear as well as subs. I think this should allow me to use the metra harness to hook up and go.

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA725/ ... mp_Outputs

CMS-GT4

So the under the dash wiring is done. Speed sensor is hooked up, all other circuits have been wrapped and zip tied. I ran all the wiring and hoses for my profec b2, so all I need to do is hook up the solenoid and then I can start messing with boost control. I am likely only going to run 15psi for a while. My recirculation valve has had this open hole on it so I am thinking I will mount the greddy solenoid here. Hopefully the radio gets here soon and I can get the interior put back together and done. Starting tomorrow I will be messing with tweaks under the engine bay.

photolh.jpg

CMS-GT4

I installed my radio today. There really isn't that much great info online for our cars to do radio. There are some hints though between here and ctech. To get my radio to work, I used the metra harness. I then hooked up the amp wire, antenna wire, power wire and memory wire and done. It was really simple. I used a bgb diagram that someone with system 10 had color coded the wires.
I drilled holes in the back of the DIN the provided. This is a temporary solution. I want to make some sort of cover that will go over the boost controller when I have time. I am running out of warm weather so I am trying to wrap things up as much as possible.
The dash is mostly together. I need to install some of the bolts, and I need to figure out how to remove the cigarette lighter from my old bezel. I broke the plastic ring around it, so I need to locate one of those now too. I also need to change the color of the radio to match the lights from the other instruments.

interiorkj.jpg

CMS-GT4

I got this JVC.
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA725/ ... 5&skipvs=T
Fair price, has the preouts and rear usb.aux input. The color can change to whatever I want so I will make it match the interior better. My goal is to get this years car projects wrapped up in two weeks. That will be the end of my waiting period for the paint and it will be getting cold. I can then focus on other more important things.